IOS App Rejected for info.plist Issues

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello,

Today I tried uploading my game to the IOS store. I used phonegap build to make an ipa file and then uploaded that via application loader. My game was automatically rejected for the following reasons:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

My game does not use calendars or Bluetooth. How can I fix this issue so it is possible to upload my game to the market?

Thanks
B

Post » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Is there anyone that knows what to do? How am I supposed to use construct 2 to upload an app to IOS store if I cannot edit the plist?
B

Post » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:03 pm

I think the problem is from Phonegap and not C2.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:16 pm

When iTunes connect is back up I'll try using Intel XDK and see if that changes anything.
B

Post » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Open the plist file and add the following:

NSCalendarsUsageDescription
NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription
NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription

Then add the string value of:
App may use to serve ads
@coyowl

coyowl.com

Game studio with a portfolio of 3 Apple Featured games.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 pm

How can I access the plist though? There is not a plist file in the construct folder and I cannot put an ipa file into xcode to edit the plist.
B

Post » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:58 pm

I had this issue when I was using the admob plugin; To fix it add the following in your config.xml (before the </widget> ):

Code: Select all
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-settings-hook" spec="~0.2.4" />
<platform name="ios">
   <config-file parent="NSCalendarsUsageDescription" platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">
       <string>Advertisement would like to create a calendar event.</string>
   </config-file>
   <config-file parent="NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription" platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">
       <string>Advertisement would like to store a photo.</string>
   </config-file>
   <config-file parent="NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription" platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">
       <string>Advertisement would like to use bluetooth.</string>
   </config-file>
</platform>
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:00 pm

AekiroStudio, I think that is exactly what I was looking for! When iTunes connect comes back online I will try again with the updated xml file and let you know what happens.
B

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:58 am

It worked, thank you!!
B

Return to Construct 2 General