iOS audio distorted/missing with background apps

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Every app I have has some issue with sound cutting out.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:53 am

Unresumed music position would be a small trade off for being able to get our games on store.

I must have downloaded hundreds of games and never seen an issue like this. Do you have some examples Newt I can investigate and I'll log a dev bug with Apple.

With C2 I've a feeling iOS 8 might be more prone to distortion and iOS9 missing audio.
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:03 am

Updating my ios8 devices to ios9 confirms distorted audio is replaced with no audio running the same test case.
Also audio never came back for me.
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 pm

The music in our app was frequently distorted. Seemed to happen on all iOS phones (all running iOS 9). When tested on iPads, one device (also iOS 9) had no sound at all.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:38 pm

Playing audio through vanilla javascript works fine which makes me question whether this is an iOS bug.

i.e. (in Construct 2) execute javascript action "new Audio('<sound>.m4a').play()"
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:48 pm

Hello, I'm having the same issue with sound. I cannot get the "Audio" play to work - no music and no sound effects.

Working on my first app and exported as HTML5 for Intel XDK to test on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2 for a test and I noticed there isn't any sound.

Maybe an issue with the files being .OGG?

I would export using Cordova but I received errors when trying to import to Intel XDK stating that I was using an old version of Cordova which I assume is because the plugin for Construct 2 is outdated?

I will explore the the Cordova error on another thread but I wanted to let everyone know about the iOS 9.2 sound issue I was having.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:54 pm

*Update - for me it looks like that this might not be an iOS problem but an export problem.

When I export via HTML or Cordova - none of the media files are exported out as .m4a format which is required for iOS. I assumed Construct 2 would convert my .ogg files into .m4a but it looks like I will need to provide both before exporting or after exporting.

So my audio is working now that I added .m4a but the sound quality is grainy and heavily distorted.

To fix this I first imported the .m4a through Construct 2 GUI and selected the higher quality import.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:05 am

mars1985 wrote:To fix this I first imported the .m4a through Construct 2 GUI and selected the higher quality import.

doesn't work for me :/
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:56 pm

FMFM wrote:
mars1985 wrote:To fix this I first imported the .m4a through Construct 2 GUI and selected the higher quality import.

doesn't work for me :/

So I thought I had solved this same problem with my app but its not resolved.

When I launch my iOS App the sound will sporadically have problems being distorted.

Sometimes the background music will be fine and sometimes it grainy and choppy sounding.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm experiencing the same problem (bit crushed sound or no sound at all).

My specs and workflow:
Construct r221
Windows 7 on Boot Camp (Macbook Pro)
Cordova Export
Phonegap Build
App running on iPhone 6 iOS 9.2.1

I'm installing iOS 9.3.1 beta to check if it resolves the audio issue. I'll post here if it fix.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs