iOS Audio Hiccup

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:09 am

I am having a very odd issue, and I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has had this experience:

If I open my project in my phone's browser, everything works perfectly well, BUT IF I ADD IT TO MY HOMESCREEN....the audio breaks. Except for the very first audio file! That one will still play!?

Any ideas/any feedback would be great. I really have no idea what's going on.

here's a link to my CAPX

and here;s the game file if you wanted to play/check it out/see what I mean

Just FYI: if you do decide to check it out, just a heads up: the files are pretty complex?the_chosen_byte2013-06-15 05:12:12
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:19 pm

some questions:
1.- Are you using ogg and m4a?
2.- Are you preloading them in "on start of layout"?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Adding it to your home screen results in iOS not using nitro which is something safari uses to accelerate JavaScript. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but it might be related to that.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:57 am

I am using both OGG and m4a, and the music track is being preloaded, but the sounds are not being preloaded--and neither the preloaded nor the sounds are functioning properly after being added to the homescreen. prior, they are working fine.

@Arima The Nitro point is def. interesting. But my GGJ submission works perfectly fine when I add it to to homescreen...?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:16 am

I am noticing something odd--with different projects, either in mobile safari or when opened from the homescreen; sometimes the "play" icon shows up in the corner next to battery life, sometimes it does not. I haven't been able to determine a correlation yet, could anyone with more iOS knowledge clue me in to a possible meaning/relationship?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 am

hmm, I created some test projects with similar results. Works fine in browser, doesnt work from homescreen. However, here is another version of my game except with this version, an additional sound effect will play, without my having made any changes to the event sheet for that layout. I am beginning to suspect this has nothing to do with C2, and everything to do with iOS.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General