iOS Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:19 pm

@RenatoB

How did you made the IntelXDK built? Exporting directly to HTML5?

Is performance ok?

Have you tried the Admob plugin? Works on Android, and if it also works on IOS it will be awesome...

Thanks for your help!!!
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:42 am

@clockworkmonster

Sorry for delay. Something is wrong with my app and I'm trying to get support with Intel XDK team. I can't open the app in the iPhone and, in the emulator of intel xdk, occurs something wrong with the game and I don't know why.

All apps that I builded for Android using the Intel XDK works very well, including the apks with admob.

Once I get an answer from support and fix what is wrong, I will return to put my final impression on my experience with intel XDK for iOS.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:38 pm

@RenatoB

Could you give a fast list of the steps you are following? A friend of me is going to lend me a Mac for the next week and I would like to test too.
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:02 pm

@clockworkmonster

Sure. I intend to create a walkthrough or tutorial. I just want to fix the problem before and maybe add something more if needed.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:18 pm

@RenatoB

Thanks! I am eager to read that tutorial!
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:10 pm

@RenatoB Have you tried Webstorage yet? I think it causes blank screens for me.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:37 am

Hi @TheWyrm

Not yet. Only in games for web.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 am

Hi everybody,

The game was accepted by iTunes Connect.

I asked friends to test because I do not have an iPhone (android only) and I also was unable to simulate the app on my Mac. The game for Android was all right, but what was generated for iOS had some glitches that I still do not know how to solve .

- Who tested said that the screen was not in landscape mode, even though I have defined this in C2 and also in the settings of Intel XDK.

- The advertising of admob not appeared, ie the plugin did not work.

- Once installed the intel's icon appears on the desktop instead the game's icon.

If anyone knows how to solve the orientation issue and the problem of admob plugin, please tell me what to do.

If anyone can test / play, the link is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battles ... ?ls=1&mt=8

The same game in Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... battleship

It is an educational game for kids to learn multiplication tables. I am grateful for any help.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:22 pm

@IntelRobert

Could you give some help with the icon issue? I am trying to publish a definitely application almost 02 weeks. I published one app that it’s not okay and I want to fix it soon, but before I need to solve the icon issue. I uploaded all icons requested in the Intel XDK and still keeps showing the icon of intel.

Thanks for any help.

adult image sharing
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi @IntelRobert, I've just published a game to iOS and I'm experiencing similar issues to RenatoB. This is feedback from a tester on iPhone 5:

- Game won't go to landscape mode. It's just stuck as a small little box in the middle of the screen.-
- Browser -> close command doesn't work (no way to quit).
- There is no audio at all. [Is the media plugin required for this? I didn't need it on Android so I assumed the same applied to iOS]
- "Somehow I got the whole screen selected (as if I wanted to copy) and the copy prompt came up."

I have none of these issues on Android.

Fullscreen and landscape orientation was selected in the project settings.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General