iOS orientation changes

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:55 am

I just finished figuring out how to do tilt based movement in landscape mode. In landscape, tilt left and right = beta, in portrait, tilt left and right = gamma.

But... I can't see a way to make it detect which orientation is in use.

I want to make it so that if you're in landscape, use the beta events (and ignore gamma), and if in portrait, use gamma (and ignore beta).

At the moment if I incorporate both it's a mess - either that or I only leave the beta tilt on and in portrait I have to tilt up and down rather than left and right :/

Any ideas? Is there an event I'm missing? It's really easy in basic HTML/JS so maybe I'm just missing how to detect this in Construct? I'm going to try alpha of which I just noticed -_-

Edit: Alpha only reports every now and then, then disappears. Should I be using 'AngleAt(index)' or 'AngleForID(id)' somehow?Phill2013-02-25 02:22:34

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 am

Looks like I also needed to pay attention to one of the values I was changing...

From my findings gamma changes at 30 / 65 / -30 / 60 / back to start

Has anyone got a working file of this sort of detection that works properly?Phill2013-02-25 02:56:04

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 am

Using orientations changes in C2 is kinda hard, but there a plugin would help you

Return to How do I....?