iOS publishing via Intel XDK experts needed

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:49 am

@aquinn
Just checked, my sandbox account is working properly. No doubt.

@matrixreal
Thanks for the ideas!
In my case, I request Store listing only when touching the "shop" object rather than at the beginning of the layout, or when touching the object to purchase.
I'll try to put these events in a disabled group as you suggest. Sounds like it could fix my problem.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:19 pm

@aquinn @matrixreal

Ok, I just tried both your solutions. I first created a deactivated group with the following events :
add product IDs
wait 2 sec
Request store listing
wait 2 sec
Deactivate the group

in another part of my code I have
- On store listing success --> do something
- on store listing failed --> do something else

And the store listing always fails...

Then I created another Capx that redirects the player to a "Shop Listing" layout when he clicks on the shop button

The layout is empty and the dedicated event sheet is as follows :

trigger once :
Add product IDs
wait 2 sec
Request store listing

On store listing success : do something

on store listing failed : do something else

The store listing also always fails... :((((

I'm really lost, I'm completely unable to make the store listing to succeed.

You can confirm that I have to enter the product ID in Construct, and not the Apple ID, right? (i.e. "potions" rather than 89456456484864 or whatever)

Still need to try this "is store available" thing...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Yes, confirmed, you enter the text name for the IAP, not the code, e.g. "coins".
I'm not sure what else to suggest.. :-(
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

From the last test I made, "is store available" triggers. What does it implies?
Does it mean that I can use the "purchase" action without needing to have the store listing to success? (and without running the risk of having my users buy something and not receiving it, like I had on Android before I was using store listing)
I'll triple check the product IDs tonight, but as the IDs are the same than in the Android version, and it works fine on Android, I don't have much hope... :(

Maybe I'll retry the C2 IAP plugin rather than cranberrygame's.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:48 am

I made an additional test using C2 IAP plugin instead of Cranberrygame's. The behavior is different.

When I start the game, I get the following message (translation from french, could be slightly different in english):

Connect to the iTunes Store.
If you have an Apple ID, please connect.
(environment : Sandbox)
Cancel Purchase

I touch "cancel" (I'm afraid that "purchase" may disable my sandbox account, I've read a few things about that)

Then I have another message :

"index.html
IAP error (only reported in test mode):
restore failed with code 4983503

THEN I got the message that my sandbox account connected to the game.

I closed the game, reopened it, and everything was exactly the same.

Then I disconnected from my non-sandbox account in the device's settings an re-run the game

I've been prompted to enter my sandbox account, which I did, and the game connected correctly to the sandbox environment.

So I tested if the store listing was successful, and... the store listing request actually never got a response... Neither "on store listing success" or "on store listing failed" triggered.

So I made a new test to see whether or not "is store available" triggers, and it triggered both for C2 IAP and Phonegap IAP.

Conclusion :

C2 IAP :
Store available
Store listing never get a response

Phonegap IAP :
Store available
Store listing always fails.

I'm currently making a blank project with just the store listing actions and conditions to see if a basic test works or not.

EDIT :
I copied and pasted my "add product IDs" action in a new project which is as follow :

Only one layout, with one event sheet :

at the start of layout :
add product IDs
Request store listing

On store listing success : set text to "success"
On store listing failed : set test to "failed"

Then I exported the project as the newest version of Healer Quest in XDK then in App Loader, tested it in sandbox mode...
And it succeeded!!!!!!
Incredible! I guess the conclusion is that the only thing problematic is the way my events are dispatched into the code. Even thought it works on Android, it seems like iOS has further restrictions. I'll try to make further changes to my code in order to make it work.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:20 pm

I'm still struggling with the store listing problem.
From the last tests I've made, in the following capx :
the store listing is always successful! It doesn't either wait for me to log on with my sandbox account! As long as I am connected, the Store Listing immediately success. Actually it doesn't even wait for me to touch the sprite!

In my second test, I took the exact same capx, but added a first layout with a sprite object. Touching the sprite objet leads to the above layout.
On this layout the only difference is that I checked 2 has product conditions then (on the same level, not as a sub-event of the "has product" ) I set text to "success" and go to layout 2

In this case, the "Request store listing" never has a reply. i.e. it never succes and never fails.

So that's about it. I'm still unable to find the correct way to check if the store listing is succesful or not. Depending on the way my event are placed it may succeed, fail or never get an response. Even if I put "request store listing" at the start of layout, on the first layout, in some other tests, the store listing never has a response.

Does anyone knows what are the exact requirements to have the store listing succeed?
@cranberrygame ? @ashley?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:08 pm

@Rable hey Rable I'm facing the same problem as you. I am assuming the problem is you need to get your IAP Products approved from the iOS Review Board, did you already got your products approved?
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1004254105

We bet anyone a hundred dollars if they can reach the bone on the other side of the screen! (Only on the Impossible Mode)
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:42 pm

@ondraayyy The problem was simply the space after each comma in the "Add Product IDs" action. There shouldn't be any space in there.
Once corrected, it passed Apple's approval without problem and is working fine.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:27 pm

@rable i managed to get the IAP to work using Phonegap IAP from cranberry. Thanks for your response though...
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1004254105

We bet anyone a hundred dollars if they can reach the bone on the other side of the screen! (Only on the Impossible Mode)
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:27 am

I am planning to enter the iOS platform. Been on Windows and ANdroid till now.

Would be great if someone could point me to an article than completely covers building C2 for iOS. I am a totaly newbie to iOS :D
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General