IOS sound problems since iOS 9.2

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:34 am

It sounds like the original reported problem of distorted audio is fixed. However this thread is now 7 pages long and is starting to lose focus on the specific issue. I suspect any other issues after r223 are unrelated (or possibly a side-effect of the workaround). As per our policy we ask for one thread per bug report, since it is impossible to deal with issues mentioned in passing without the full bug report guidelines. So I'm going to close this issue as resolved now. Please file new reports if you still have trouble, following all the bug report guidelines thoroughly for every individual issue.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Silverforce wrote:Becareful when you guys put Music into sound. It loads that into memory and that leads to major memory bloat.
Music is intended to be streamed in and out, not constantly in memory like sounds are.

Wait a second (sorry to go off-topic with this one), I saw people in the "HOW DO I" section complaining about mobile performance with this method inside their game and never really minded that because I thought it just affects the loading speed when starting the game.
So you are meaning if we load everything as "sounds" at the start of the game, it requires more resources then?
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:13 pm

Anyone got anything? I've also got this problem.
B

Post » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:06 pm

I think it's an iOS problem. So far, all my games (which use a voice) all have the same problem with the iPhone6 but not the iPad2. Sometimes the audio is distorted. If I turn the phone off completely and then back on it's fine (which is why I think it's an iOS problem). Also, once the phone distorts one game, all of my games are distorted. I use Cordova, then XDK.
Here's a link to my games: http://www.yourkidcanread.com/OnLineGames.html

BTW - I want to thank Scirra for making Construct 2. I've written books (reading programs) to teach dyslexic students to read, and this enables me to make phonics related games that will help many children.
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Please note this is a closed bug report, and as of the latest beta all known sound issues in Safari/iOS should be fixed.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Is anyone else still experiencing problems with this? I seemed fine for a while after Ashley posted the fix, but has now come back even worse than before.

I'm using r227 and the audio is very distorted 2 out of 3 times I run my app. It is the same testing on browser and publishing with xdk and phonegap. I'm testing using an iPad air 2. I've tried importing audio files at various sample rates.

I've also made a test app with just one button and one audio file and it still has the same problem.
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Hello,
I am exporting an IOS app using INTEL XDK,
It is working perfectly on my iPhone 6S,
However I have no sound.
All of the files are inside the sound folder in C2, and they are in m4a format.
I have been reading this report and some others but I have seen nothing that might help me,
Can someone please help?
Thanks a lot!
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:56 am

jonathanbencomo wrote:Hello,
I am exporting an IOS app using INTEL XDK,
It is working perfectly on my iPhone 6S,
However I have no sound.
All of the files are inside the sound folder in C2, and they are in m4a format.
I have been reading this report and some others but I have seen nothing that might help me,
Can someone please help?
Thanks a lot!

Which version of C2 are you using? I was having some sound issues on iOS which were improved by upgrading from C2 Stable r227 to C2 Beta r230. If you are using the latest stable build maybe try upgrading to the beta, then re-export for XDK and see if you get any improvement with your sound.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:21 am

Many thanks for your reply @artpunk,
I updated the C2 version some days ago and now the sound is working properly on iOS,

BR

(update: it was not working properly until I added the plugin "cordova-plugin-playfrequency" - updated the 02/09/16)
Last edited by jonathanbencomo on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:31 pm

I had been having this issue for a long time now, and according to this ticket(https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=154538) the issue was solved already - but I still was getting it until today.

I tried everything in this thread but none of the solutions mentioned worked for me.
I was still getting the audio distorted when I switched my app from sounding on headphones to my phone's speakers.

However, I have found a plugin that does the trick:
Just add "cordova-plugin-playfrequency" to your build and the issue with the distortion should gone,
Full plugin info here:
https://www.versioneye.com/nodejs/cordo ... ency/0.0.1

Tested using an iPhone 6S with iOS 10 Beta 8 / built with intel xdk / and made with C2 V234

I hope this post help,
BR
Jonathan
B
S

Previous

Return to Closed bugs