iOS WKWebView (XDK) music crash "servers already up" error

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:39 am

Silverforce wrote:
IJCT wrote:weird thing is that my c2runtime is all messed up and weird :/

it maybe because of the "minify script"?

I don't minify. :) In fact, minifying script leads to major issues with Cordova/XDK in my experience...

lol i didnt knew that, ok i will test it without minifying...

B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:57 am

Ok, it works, doing that works but the sound is now really really loud and there is no background music, just effects, well, at least thats better that having no music...hehe thanks a lot man!!!!

@Ashley look, its a construct2 error

i think apple changed the way they use sounds on safari or something, i will do some experiments on why does the sound effects works but not the music.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:08 am

C2 had a workaround for sound and music to get it compatible with Safari based export (Cordova on iOS) due to changes in iOS8 and 9. It's just now no longer compatible with iOS10.

@IJCT

Music works for me. Make sure it's in the right format, not .ogg in your iOS export else it won't play. What does not work with this "hack" of the workarounds is the volume controls. Everything plays full blast and users have to control the volume via their main device master volume. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:13 am

Silverforce wrote:C2 had a workaround for sound and music to get it compatible with Safari based export (Cordova on iOS) due to changes in iOS8 and 9. It's just now no longer compatible with iOS10.

@IJCT

Music works for me. Make sure it's in the right format, not .ogg in your iOS export else it won't play. What does not work with this "hack" of the workarounds is the volume controls. Everything plays full blast and users have to control the volume via their main device master volume. :)

yes is m4a, do you put your music on the music folder or in the sounds folder on c2??? maybe is that

UPDATE: YES!! IS THE FOLDER!!! the music folder doesnt work anymore on ios10, i changed my music from the music folder to the sounds folder on c2 and now is fixed!!!

B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:07 am

Hi all!
I have same issue in iOS with WKWebView (XDK). But crash and error message "servers already up" and white screens after closing video ads with sound.
@Ashley what you think about it?
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:32 am

radbrothers wrote:Hi all!
I have same issue in iOS with WKWebView (XDK). But crash and error message "servers already up" and white screens after closing video ads with sound.
@Ashley what you think about it?

we solved the problem by hand for the moment, you can read Silverforce solution in this post.
but we still have to wait for @Ashley to fix it from construct 2

B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 pm

As ever, this will be at least ten times easier to fix if you can provide a minimal .capx that demonstrates the problem right away. I can still look in to this without that, but it can end up semi-impossible to do anything useful with large projects.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:23 am

Hi @Ashley

https://yadi.sk/d/4Pg8gYj9y2XBG
This is .capx demonstrate my problem - if you close rewarded ads, you get error message "servers already up" and white screens. Some ads successfully closed, but some show this error. If build app without WKWebView - all work fine.

In XDK you should install this is appodeal plugin https://github.com/appodeal/Appodeal-PhoneGap-plugin
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Can you reproduce the problem without any third-party plugins? This is part of the standard bug report requirements to prove the problem is not caused by that plugin.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:18 pm

@Ahsley i could send you my game capx by email cause is really really private..but i used just a third party plugin and is a really big project so i think reading all the events would be a mess... i think the solution is in how ios10 manage the music in the projects, cause it was really weird that after "fixing" by hand the error in the c2runtime file, the game wont reproduce music that isnt in the "sound" folder (the one that is by default inside C2)

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs