Is C2 capable of a 2.5D game like for example Don't Starve?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Unlock platyers earning coins, and save it with Localstorage
  • Is Don't Starve basically a 2D or a 3D layout which just has a camera which is under a certain angle? I believe it's 3D, still unsure though.

Do you think Construct 2 is capable of such a game? The collisions could be for example just the bottom of trees, bushes... So that movement is possible behind the trees on different layers, that would give the world sort of an effect of the world being 2.5D-ish. =]]

• Yes.

.y=zorder

• Yes.

.y=zorder

Z-order won't help get the kind of 2.5D look Don't Starve has. It also won't help with the perspective shifts or camera rotation.

Is Don't Starve basically a 2D or a 3D layout which just has a camera which is under a certain angle? I believe it's 3D, still unsure though.

Do you think Construct 2 is capable of such a game? The collisions could be for example just the bottom of trees, bushes... So that movement is possible behind the trees on different layers, that would give the world sort of an effect of the world being 2.5D-ish. =]]

It's possible to do that kind of gameplay and do those kind of collisions, sure. You'd have to use one of the 3rd-party 3D plugins to get the look/camera movement.

• I beg to differ. The system z sort would work fine, and you wouldn't need collision detection with proper line of sight, or ray casting.

Same goes for 3d. The mode 7 fx would be fine for the ground texture, but would require some math, just like the rotation transforms.

Albeit the transforms would be a piece of cake compared to figuring out the fx.

• More or less

Using a 3D plugin:

Or better, using Mode7:

• Good morning, this doubt of our friend also helped me, thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'll look into everything and I'm sure I can figure something, seems more than possible from your replies #) Anyways, thank you all for the amazing replies, it helps a lot =]

• For 3d you better use another engines like unity construct 2 is works only for 2d games don't waste your money on these 3d plugins for construct 2 they are very hard to use and there is no help available for that

• I'm not going to use Unity just because the lighting is so weird in it and I can't make nice lighting, while in Construct I can, with ease.

• I'm not going to use Unity just because the lighting is so weird in it and I can't make nice lighting, while in Construct I can, with ease.

Just do some demo projects before you use lights in your project.

• i have a 2,5 d runner, see it yourself if its the look you want https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... icul&hl=en

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)