Is C2 hard to develop simple puzzle games?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
An amazing and interesting puzzle game for kids!
  • Hi Guys.

after doing some mechanical experiments, now I have seen that C2 doesn't include some plugins or some special templates for simple puzzle games as chain blocks, falling blocks at grid and match 3, sometimes it complicates me much like making a simple puzzle than platform action games adventure and many other genres.

So we have no solution how to detect the matched block (mininum 3 blocks) and make it destroy at chain.

• vee41 I've used this plugin before BUT it requires huge dependence walker. eg. More required plugins. I didn't understand how to use these plugins.

I've contacted with rexrainbow via PM he could explain is how to make very simple, (not swappable blocks, just click a block with other same blocks togheter to explode) but he is still very busy at moment...

It's hopeless

• o we have no solution how to detect the matched block (mininum 3 blocks) and make it destroy at chain.

Understanding this simple code by R0J0hound will allow you to make any type of matching block game.

scirra.com/forum/matching-more-than-3-sprites-gem-matching_topic51703.html

You don't need templates or extensions just a better knowledge of construct.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • vee41 I've used this plugin before BUT it requires huge dependence walker. eg. More required plugins. I didn't understand how to use these plugins.

I've contacted with rexrainbow via PM he could explain is how to make very simple, (not swappable blocks, just click a block with other same blocks together to explode) but he is still very busy at moment...

It's hopeless

Here is simple example of destroying matched blocks on click thingy with matcher/board. 6 events, hopefully this is of some help :)

Here is the link

Requires plugins:

Board

Instance Group

Matcher

SquareTx

• Ethan it looks nice! it looks like a tricky! i'm going to base this code if it works everything.

vee41 Awesome! but it only destroys 3 blocks in vertical and horizontal, it doesn't even destroy blocks in chain way like snake.

• vee41 Awesome! but it only destroys 3 blocks in vertical and horizontal, it doesn't even destroy blocks in chain way like snake.

You could replace the 'For each 3 continuous symbols' with 'for each 2d template pattern', in which you define correct patterns. But I didn't realize it was this sort of mechanic you were looking for so Rojohounds solution is more efficient in this case!

• vee41 thanks a lot for your useful solution. :)

• If the plugins you find don't quite do what you want them to do, you should be able to make it work using the event system. I read about Functions in Construct 2 today and that they could be used recursively (which means that the Function can call itself) and thought that your particular problem would be a good exercise to work with it.

Here is a capx that matches adjacent tiles of the same colour. Any tile to the left, right, top, or bottom is considered adjacent. I think this is the behaviour you're looking for, although this is not necessarily the best way to implement it. I was just having some fun, and wanted to show you that what you want to do is possible.

dl.dropbox.com/u/117529592/Construct%202/Forum%20questions/MatcherPuzzleDemo.capx

Left click to match, Right click to change colours. Enjoy!

• Cowdozer amazing example, i hope this thread would help to anyone is looking solution to make puzzle games like that :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)