Is CC selleable in Steam?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Message: Baconizer can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Hi guys,
I have a game released in CC, because I´m not a programmer, I just self-taught with Scirra´s stuff, and I don´t want to re-write the whole game again in Construct 2, anyway I don´t have the license for that.
I know it will be very difficult to work with Steam APIs, but apart from that, will I have any other problem?

I´ve already pay the Steamworks fee and waiting for the TAX to be checked.

Thanks in advance for your time,

If you want further information, or check about the game: https://twitter.com/CopperPick
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:31 pm

@Baconizer

I know of at least one other game made with Construct Classic that is on Steam, Tower Climb, so it is possible, but they don't have things like Achievements which means they probably don't use the Steamworks API.
Find all the Construct 2 games that were on Steam Greenlight here
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:52 pm

@OddConfection Thanks for the quick answer...

I was counting on that, anyway the game itself will have an achievement system,
but what I´m not sure if I will have to deal with some sort of steam_api.dll for some reason.
The file steam_appid.txt shouldn´t be a problem, right?
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:44 pm

My game was created with Construct Classic and I had no problems at all to publish it on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/377600
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:43 pm

OH, nice! And you have trading cards! thnx thats what a I wanted to know, this week I will do the buield and send it to Valve...will let you know
B
S

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic