Is Cocoonjs having problem with samsung devices?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:26 pm

In version 2.0.1 compiler compatibility issue with samsung devices existed, could someone tell me if they were in version 2.0.2 solved? Or the Ludei simply removed the 1.4.7 compiler leaving us with an unstable version of your system?
B
12
S
3
G
1
Posts: 188
Reputation: 1,377

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:44 pm

Their Change log said it was fixed, but I don't have a samsung device to test it on. Is there a way you can test it and let us know?
B
101
S
32
G
11
Posts: 1,546
Reputation: 21,667

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:46 am

I'll be testing tomorrow one of my applications with this new version of the compiler and believe I will be available 2 or 3 samsung devices. Since no one from the forum has reported anything here, I'll have to take the tests.
Once I have the results, I will inform here.
Unfortunately I am not excited about what can happen; Ludei is providing the updates with very serious errors.
B
12
S
3
G
1
Posts: 188
Reputation: 1,377

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:05 am

Its not fixed at all.

It's not just Samsung (S2/S3, Tablet & Note), but other devices with similar hardware.

Pretty much half the devices that should be running your game fine will crash, due to CJS. It's not a good situation.

My games run absolutely fine with Intel XDK on all those devices, but on CJS, no go.
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:19 am

@Silverforce

Are you sure that CJS 2.02 doesn't work on Samsung devices? At least I successfully tested your game since you updated it recently on my Galaxy S3. But I have a custom ROM, I don't know if that changed anything or if it is only hardware related.
Free Android game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... VSMrMonkey

"Seven Birds VS Mr. Monkey" is a simple yet fun game.

Mr. Monkey is being attacked by birds and without a way to escape all hope seems lost. But if you think Mr. Monkey goes down that easily you are mistaken!

Help Mr. Monkey to upgrade his skills, get special attacks and show these birds who's the boss!
B
9
S
1
G
1
Posts: 51
Reputation: 755

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:35 am

Allchix wrote:@Silverforce

Are you sure that CJS 2.02 doesn't work on Samsung devices? At least I successfully tested your game since you updated it recently on my Galaxy S3. But I have a custom ROM, I don't know if that changed anything or if it is only hardware related.


Its not, I've got a lot of users on S2/S3 & the Tablets saying it still crashes.

The error is reported as being within the cocoonJS library. I don't know what the cause is but I know it works flawless on XDK. I got about 20 users to beta test my build with XDK on their devices which crashes on the CJS build, and they say it works & run fast.
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Silverforce wrote:Its not fixed at all.

It's not just Samsung (S2/S3, Tablet & Note), but other devices with similar hardware.

Pretty much half the devices that should be running your game fine will crash, due to CJS. It's not a good situation.

My games run absolutely fine with Intel XDK on all those devices, but on CJS, no go.



But the game does not even work on these devices? Or it opens, but ends up closing yourself?
B
12
S
3
G
1
Posts: 188
Reputation: 1,377

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:32 pm

vitorfgd wrote:
Silverforce wrote:Its not fixed at all.

It's not just Samsung (S2/S3, Tablet & Note), but other devices with similar hardware.

Pretty much half the devices that should be running your game fine will crash, due to CJS. It's not a good situation.

My games run absolutely fine with Intel XDK on all those devices, but on CJS, no go.



But the game does not even work on these devices? Or it opens, but ends up closing yourself?


Crashes on startup, about half way into the Power by Ludei logo.
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614


Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests