Is Construct 2 suitable for my needs? (Advice)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 11:36 pm

@Sulli Oh, I like the program, no worries there. I was also looking at GM:S on steam when I saw this one. It's nicely laid out and intuitive as I mentioned and I read one of the tutorials, watched a couple of youtube videos etc while feeding the baby.

Platform feel wise, my initial tests were good, with a little tweaking the movement and jump motion felt right and I was able to set it up with a controller no problem. I honestly spent much longer drawing this animation sequence than I did actually setting it up in game - which is a good thing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=www3WKIqdik
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 11:41 pm

@Zantium I'm really liking this guy atm!

Good one to subscribe to, me thinks

Hit me up on steam if you've got it. It'd be nice to chat to another user.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 12:04 am

I think I've seen one or two of his videos already but hadn't taken a detailed look - watching on virgin tivo box (while feeding baby) so the interface/search/subscribe is limited. Subbed on my PC now though.

I have to say, I don't think I've ever actually chatted to anyone on steam before but I'll try and say hello next time I'm on.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 12:12 am

I think the next step for me is I'll make a few basic images for fore/middle/background sprites, create a large level with lots of basic platforms and plaster it with "random detail".

That'll give me some sort of idea on what it'll run like without any other gameplay elements (movement, enemies, dangers etc) on top.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 5:55 pm

@Zantium I think construct 2 can handle images in a fairly big quantity. Why not make levels if you feel you can't cram it all? (Make seperate layouts) :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General