Is Construct ready for a major game?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:52 pm

It's simple enough that I don't think it'll derail the thread. You make one sprite and use 'load animation frame from file' to load from a jpg or png.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:28 am

Hey arima, your game is about what in geral? and when, more or less, you presume you will launch him?
B
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:47 am

Thanks for the interest, but I'm not quite ready to reveal much about the game yet. I don't know when the game will be done, but I would like to have it done before starcraft 2 comes out. :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:50 am

[quote="Mr. Ksoft":1dbqbly5] If Construct can't hold up, it'll at least help the developers fix problems for future large projects...[/quote:1dbqbly5]

It's a bit like the lottery though, they're probably not going to fix everything.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:19 am

I referred to the editor crashing sometimes and also the crashes that people were having when they played Ph32. For some people the game didn't run for unknown reasons ( for me, it was just a black screen and then nothing, no error, sys hanged). Some others were having the problems of save games getting deleted.

But still, since others are recommending you to make your game in Construct, you should go forward...Best of Luck for your game!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Are you kidding? As far as I was concerned a year ago, it already was. I've been working on my project for over a year now with numerous setbacks by Fate. I plan on it being a full-fledged, overworld-travelling, 4 save slot-having, combo-fighting, puzzle-solving, in-depth chapter-based story-telling, fluidly-animated platformer. I decided this a YEAR ago, and as you can tell, I've already been thinking about this for awhile before discovering Construct. If I thought Construct was ready THEN...

...Well, you know my answer. Seriously, how is this even a question? How can you NOT think Construct could make a major game at first sight?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Thank you everyone for the feedback, particularly the practical advice. We'll be going ahead with Construct.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Wait. In light of so much new glitchery I'm encountering in my .cap with newer versions of Construct, I take that back.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:39 pm

more than ready it has been for a long time, ive run into alot of bugs/game crashes in my big projects but all of them were fixable if i just tried isolating them and finding the problem events. mind you the problems weren't very clear but by moving things around i could prevent it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:49 pm

[quote="alspal":tncurvfu]It's a bit like the lottery though, they're probably not going to fix everything.[/quote:tncurvfu]
That's my worry too.

I think I'm right in saying that Rich is no longer part of the Dev team, and I wonder what sort of enthusiasm the remaining 2 Devs have for finishing Construct 1.
To be honest, if it wasn't for Ash posting now and again, I'd think that they'd already lost interest.

I think that they should take Rojo on board to get the project moving again.
Maybe Lucid too, if he was up for it.

I'm currently working on a big project that I hope to finish before the summer is out, so I'm hoping that I don't encounter the problems others are having.

Krush.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion