Is ejecta returning?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:27 pm

I just wanted to check if Ejecta support is returning anytime?
I find it very easy to use and I like it, I have not experienced any bugs. Is it coming back or will I have to use it as a deprecated exporter?
Website Twitter Indie Developer
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Also noticed that exporting with ejecta (using CO2 r193) is really buggy, so I'll stay on r190 for a while until I learn how to use the other exporters!

For example, some characters were not supported (åäö in my case). But I wonder if this is because of the "minify script" option I tested? If it is so, please let me know and I'll be happy to be aware of that I can still keep my CO2 up to date! :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Most likely NO Ashley is trying to only support Full browser exports as they can support everything C2 can do.

you should check out some of Ashleys blogs to learn why.
https://www.scirra.com/blog/150/html5-g ... e-on-ios-8
https://www.scirra.com/blog/146/webgl-a ... 8-and-more
he has more if you look
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Ejecta support has not been removed, only deprecated, so it is hidden by default. You can bring it back by right-clicking the exporter window and selecting "Show deprecated exporters". I wouldn't recommend you use it though - options like Cordova are now much better. Ejecta is not a real browser engine so is very difficult to support, and is riddled with minor incompatibilities like the character encoding issue you describe. If you still want to use it and have issues I'd report them directly to the Ejecta project since we are not officially supporting it any more.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:54 pm

@Ashley but the character bug didnt appear before I upgraded to r190 from r170 :/ I guess it's because you stopped supporting it though
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General