Is English not your native language?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:28 pm

... my native language is german.
Like philx I also can understand almost everything written in english. For translations I use dict.cc, dict.leo.org and sometimes linguee.de
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:19 pm

My native language is Spanish.

I think we can create a vote so more or less we can know from wich countries are atleast the people who write in the forums.

and yes.. sometimes i use the google translate :(
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:22 pm

My native language is Russian. I'm glad that I know English because on the Scirra forum people always reply to the questions, opposite to Russian, where developers are ofter school pupils which are not serious :D
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:06 am

English is my third language. I am bilingual, Swedish (text) and Swedish sign language.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:42 pm

My native language is french but i speak english well and understand it but if i come across a website like with a chinese language a pop up screen come up and ask me if i want to translate i had to do it like that cause i have a hard time finding the translate button.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:49 am

Brazilian Portuguese here.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:39 am

English is not my native language.

Yes, i usually use google translate to understand if i find unusual words.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 am

I'm Polish, but I'm living in uk for 8 years already, so I don't have much of a problem anymore. Although I sometimes get stuck with more complex sentences or i get blank for a moment. The biggest issue for me is grasping the English terminology used to explain how things work ( like plugins, math etc ) and i wish it would be explained in simpler fashion. Simultaneously, after all those years abroad I'm having slight problem communicating in Polish and sometimes I use English syntax or I'd be looking for a word that I know in English, but which doesn't have any equivalent in Polish! >.> Also, when I'm visiting my friends in PL, they all will have a laugh when I say a Polish word and accidentally I put on my pseudo-English accent while saying it, which sounds absolutely riddiculous coming from my mouth :D
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:31 am

same as above just using google to find some words , that i dont understand or want to see whats the oposit of it !:) the rest i can handle myself not as much in writing! since is second language and i had to learn it myself cause i dont like school! and can`t pay atention to what teachers say!:)) i have i think some disorder! but i`m a fast learner beside that! teached my self how to do things !
Do you have games and want to make money with them!? do you want more then pennis from ads you have in your games?! visit us today www.gcstudio.net and make money with your games!:)
B
S

Post » Sat May 03, 2014 11:12 am

My native language is Arabic...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic