Is Google Play Games plugin working?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi, guys!
I got a question about the Google Play Games plugin:

On this 2014 post (https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1010/g ... hievements), @AndreasR told us that Google Play Games was very buggy at that moment. Is it still happening? I mean, is it working properly? I'm getting trouble using phonegame plugin in order to place some leaderboards e achievements on my game and I'd like to use this official plugin.

Thanks for you help!
Regards
B
6
S
1
Posts: 11
Reputation: 448

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:11 pm

paulozip wrote:Hi, guys!
I got a question about the Google Play Games plugin:

On this 2014 post (https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1010/g ... hievements), @AndreasR told us that Google Play Games was very buggy at that moment. Is it still happening? I mean, is it working properly? I'm getting trouble using phonegame plugin in order to place some leaderboards e achievements on my game and I'd like to use this official plugin.

Thanks for you help!
Regards


Did you ever get this to work man?
B
82
S
32
G
7
Posts: 281
Reputation: 10,685

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:36 am

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:
paulozip wrote:Hi, guys!
I got a question about the Google Play Games plugin:

On this 2014 post (https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1010/g ... hievements), @AndreasR told us that Google Play Games was very buggy at that moment. Is it still happening? I mean, is it working properly? I'm getting trouble using phonegame plugin in order to place some leaderboards e achievements on my game and I'd like to use this official plugin.

Thanks for you help!
Regards


Did you ever get this to work man?


CocoonJS is outdated and not available anymore.
You need to switch to Cocoon.
There the Play Games Services works fine.
https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-fr ... rboard-538

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
98
S
33
G
30
Posts: 1,121
Reputation: 27,799

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:21 pm

AndreasR wrote:
STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:
paulozip wrote:Hi, guys!
I got a question about the Google Play Games plugin:

On this 2014 post (https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1010/g ... hievements), @AndreasR told us that Google Play Games was very buggy at that moment. Is it still happening? I mean, is it working properly? I'm getting trouble using phonegame plugin in order to place some leaderboards e achievements on my game and I'd like to use this official plugin.

Thanks for you help!
Regards


Did you ever get this to work man?


CocoonJS is outdated and not available anymore.
You need to switch to Cocoon.
There the Play Games Services works fine.
https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-fr ... rboard-538

Regards
Andy


I'm using Intel XDK which is supported (cocoon deprecated), along with the official Construct 2 Google play services plugin...That is the official way to do it sponsored by Scirra and Construct 2...
B
82
S
32
G
7
Posts: 281
Reputation: 10,685

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:04 am

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:I'm using Intel XDK which is supported (cocoon deprecated), along with the official Construct 2 Google play services plugin...That is the official way to do it sponsored by Scirra and Construct 2...


I never have used the offifcal Google Play plugin by Scirra. If you use intel xkd I recommend you the plugins by @cranberrygame

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
98
S
33
G
30
Posts: 1,121
Reputation: 27,799

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:12 am

@AndreasR
I have heard he doesn't keep those up anymore and I don't want them to break and be stuck with 50 apps that don't work...
I feel much safer using the official plugin. Except for it doesn't work either...
I have asked @Ashley to fix it so we can release our games into the google play store using the standard plugin.
I hope it happens soon ...
B
82
S
32
G
7
Posts: 281
Reputation: 10,685

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 am

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:@AndreasR
I have heard he doesn't keep those up anymore and I don't want them to break and be stuck with 50 apps that don't work...
I feel much safer using the official plugin. Except for it doesn't work either...
I have asked @Ashley to fix it so we can release our games into the google play store using the standard plugin.
I hope it happens soon ...


The official plugin by @Ashley is optimized for HTML5 (Desktop / Web) as far as I know. However you can use it with cordova as well.
But then you need to add an additional cordova plugin.
https://www.scirra.com/manual/175/google-play
See "Extra Steps for Cordova".

I personally use the "CocoonGooglePlayGames" plugin, which is working fine for me.
However it just works for CocoonIO.

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
98
S
33
G
30
Posts: 1,121
Reputation: 27,799

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:57 pm

@AndreasR

The problem with the tutorial you linked is that it is outdated and does not work.
There is information in the tutorial which does not exist but is required...

If you can find me the: 'Client Secret', I will stand corrected.

Here is the quote from the tutorial entry:
"Client secret
The client secret for the game from the Google Play Developer Console. This is only necessary when publishing via Cordova (e.g. PhoneGap Build). For more information see the section Setting up Google Play Game Services above."
B
82
S
32
G
7
Posts: 281
Reputation: 10,685

Post » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:04 pm

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:@AndreasR

The problem with the tutorial you linked is that it is outdated and does not work.
There is information in the tutorial which does not exist but is required...

If you can find me the: 'Client Secret', I will stand corrected.

Here is the quote from the tutorial entry:
"Client secret
The client secret for the game from the Google Play Developer Console. This is only necessary when publishing via Cordova (e.g. PhoneGap Build). For more information see the section Setting up Google Play Game Services above."



This is the official manual written by scirra. If you feel it's outdated you must tell @Ashley or @Tom
However I still recommend you to use @cranberrygames Cordova plugin. I own the package and yes, it takes a while till he response, but he will update his plugins.
Moreover I never have had any issue with the Google Play Games plugin so far.
It's worth for giving it a try.

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
98
S
33
G
30
Posts: 1,121
Reputation: 27,799


Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest