"Is In Touch" not affecting variables

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:21 am

I'm trying to rotate an object via lerp. I'm using a variable for the 0 to 1 range. While holding down on one of two buttons, the value is to go up or down between that range. Before I even get to the management of the angles and rotation and all, I'm not even getting a response from the input while touching these objects.

As you can see, I have some events/actions toggled disabled. Those parts were actually working fine, so I know that it's not my setup, per se. For whatever reason, I cannot get the same touch controls to affect the variable's value.

Does anyone see what I'm apparently missing? Thank you for your input!
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:21 am

Those events work. (Attachments are down again, so I can't include the demo I made from those same events, but it worked fine). There must be something elsewhere interfering.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:46 pm

@blackhornet - Hmm... Well, thank you for checking it out. I'll send a capx if I'm still having issues...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:49 am

@blackhornet - Further testing shows that On Touch Object works just fine. It's the Is Touching Object that's the problem. It doesn't like the continuous nature of it, even when I add a time delay.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:09 am

...strange... It appears the problem wasn't at all with the programming but the fact that I wasn't testing on my PHONE. I was using the mouse on my computer. Oh, well. It's working now.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?