Is it Normal for the Touch to detect Collision disabled?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:05 am

I made a sample test experiment to see if the Touch input is detected by Collisions for it requires Collision Polygons but when I try to disable the collision, the touch input still works!

@Ashley can you justify this please.

.Capx File
http://1drv.ms/1Pojwkt
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:43 am

I believe "collisions" refers to the collisions onto other sprite or objects and not touch. I THINK, I may be right though. W

What I did with your example was make Instance Variables so that the touch was not executed because of the conditions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f98fu47dlpajv ... .capx?dl=0
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:56 am

Usman Haq wrote:I believe "collisions" refers to the collisions onto other sprite or objects and not touch. I THINK, I may be right though.

Yes you might be right. But If that is the case with touch, why did they make the Collision Polygon as a base of touch. I think it would be better to make a Touch(disabled) condition & action and if there is time a Touch Polygon.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:24 pm

You might still want to touch an object that you don't won't colliding with other objects, if it was blocked automatically you couldn't do that, there is a condition you can add to your events "object collision enabled".
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:12 pm

'Disable collisions' only affects 'On collision' and 'Is overlapping' events. Arguably a touch is not a collision, because the touch is not an object that is colliding with it, it's something else (a form of input). So I'm not sure if this should be changed anyway?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:43 pm

It shouldn't (imho).
I often need to register input on objects that have no collision. The one thing is totally independent of the other and should not be mixed.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Ashley wrote:'Disable collisions' only affects 'On collision' and 'Is overlapping' events. Arguably a touch is not a collision, because the touch is not an object that is colliding with it, it's something else (a form of input). So I'm not sure if this should be changed anyway?

No, I think that would cause issues. My point is since Touch is also dependent on Collision Polygons, I think adding in the manual that touch is based on collision polygons but not applicable by events nor object collision would suffice. This is a simple misunderstanding but if somehow some people will make a big game and somehow missed this, then it would be a big problem.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General