Is it -possible to create a good phone game?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Is it really possible to create a good phone game?

My first concern is performance. Will construct2 game run smooth enough on phones to be a good app?

Second thing is supporting multiple screen resolutions. In which resolution should i draw my graphics? If I draw graphics to match iphone 4 resolution for exapmle, and use scaling like in this turtorial will it look good and run smooth enough on iphone 3?

Third - which html5 to phone coverter is the best?

If anyone has experience in developing phone apps with construct plz respond!

Thank you

Sorry for my english

• + is it somehow possible to save game progress?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My first concern is performance. Will construct2 game run smooth enough on phones to be a good app?

Yes. FPS on cocoonJS is enough, at least for me.

In which resolution should i draw my graphics? If I draw graphics to match iphone 4 resolution for exapmle, and use scaling like in this turtorial will it look good and run smooth enough on iphone 3?

Bigger resolution. I would dismiss all devices below iPhone 3GS.

Third - which html5 to phone coverter is the best?

I would bet on Ludei cocoonJS.

+ is it somehow possible to save game progress?

I guess it is mandatory for any wrapper.

Hear out other opinions, I may be just lunatic.

• 1) Yes, now it's possible with some tips and optimizations. (There's a tutorial about mobile devices. The author has some apps on google play).

Directcanvas and cocoonjs will remove this bottleneck.

2) In my case (I'm on the android side) I use 800x480 resolution and looks good on different devices.

3) Currently I use phonegap (getting 15-20 FPS) but I'm waiting for CocoonJS release. I used AppMobi containers for a while but I found it somewhat bloated and I really don't like the unkind support.

4) Yes. You can use webstorage plugin. It works with phonegap. Hopefully there will be something similar in CocoonJS (CocoonJS doesn't use a browser so webstorage plugin support is still a question mark)

• Kastas,Knifegrinder,thank you guys!

As i understand cocoonjs has best fps ratio, but you cant create savegames?

And for android, is it possible to add ads? And what about move to sd, is it possible?

If someone has free android apps in googleplay plz give me the name, i'll try it out.

• Kastas Knifegrinder Thanks for recommending CocoonJS!

Although, we do not currently support WebStorage (we support Local Storage only), but in our next release of CocoonJS there will be a hybrid WebView and accelerated canvas support. So soon enough you can have access to webview features.

Blgth Yes, CocoonJS has extensions where you can integrate ads easily. We actually have a couple HTML5 apps out on GooglePlay if you like to check it out:

http://bit.ly/LUDm7M (Our own game Sumon)

http://bit.ly/Kx1o31 (Biolab disaster deployed with CocoonJS)

• Blgth

You can try Furries done by forum user Ranma. It's entirely made in c2 and exported with phonegap.

• ludei, both games looked great on htc desire. Is either of them made in construct2?

I am going to try CocoonJS, looks awsome

• The Furries game have a great performance... Look awesome exported by phonegap . I'm gonna try it now !

• i tried phonegap today and performance was horrible. And it was just a simple little test game (with physics)

• With phonegap we should try our best to improve the performance, and that why cocoonjs is the best choice to wait.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)