Is it possible to group global variables into lists?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:21 am

Is it possible to arrange global variables into groups/lists, so that when selecting variables into an event the list is not so long?
So basically I would set which group I want to be shown where?

Instead of all the global variable in one long list I would have groups of smaller lists. (and still for the variable to remain global so I can use it in other groups) I know its possible to type them in, but some of the names are getting long and even with autofind I do sometimes need to remind myself of a variable name.

It would look cleaner too.
Brick by brick, stone by stone.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:04 am

Or I could simply use more even sheets... But I have read that too much isnt healthy for C2 stability. Guess I will find out :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:17 am

Solomon wrote:Or I could simply use more even sheets... But I have read that too much isnt healthy for C2 stability. Guess I will find out :P

Where have you heard this?

I have always used multiple Event Sheets and attach them to a Layout when needed.

Just a basic setup would include maybe 10-15 Event Sheets, all utilizing one aspect of the game mechanic, such as Collision, Movement, Generation, etc.

Never come across an issue yet.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:22 am

edit: ninja'd
Where did you read that? There's nothing amiss with using multiple event sheets.

As to the op, you could just use a sprite and add instance variables to that. It could be any object really, and if you make it a global object you can make it live on to other layouts.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:53 am

@zenox98

I have read around the forums and people suggested not to use too many event sheets, perphaps a couple at most.
I will try it out and report back if I encounter an issue.

@R0J0hound

Ok I will look into it, thanks for the input.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?