Is it possible to make a local multiplayer game on mobile?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Ludo Local Multiplayer board game can be played by 2 to 4 players
  • Is it possible to make a local multiplayer game on mobile using only wifi or hotspot without going online?

How do we get a signalling server for this Ashley ?

• You still need a signalling server for that. It can be running on the same LAN though. Otherwise there's no way for the clients to find each other.

• You still need a signalling server for that. It can be running on the same LAN though. Otherwise there's no way for the clients to find each other.

Okay. But how do I integrate this (https://www.scirra.com/store/game-makin ... server-161) signalling server with Construct 2 or Construct 3? I am using this for mobile, so I don't know if this is ever done before.

Is there already a plugin for that or instructions provided in the readme.txt?

• It comes with instructions, but if you're not familiar with running node.js servers, I'd probably advise against it. It's a lot easier to go online and connect to the Scirra-hosted one!

• It comes with instructions, but if you're not familiar with running node.js servers, I'd probably advise against it. It's a lot easier to go online and connect to the Scirra-hosted one!

Wait... Do I have to set the signalling server up manually everytime I play the game on mobile?

What I meant is to have a multiplayer game only using lan or wifi connection on mobile without going online. Like a signalling server built-in to a game...

• I think the simple answer would be no, not the way you are thinking.

But in practice, after you make the connection via signalling, if your hosts and peers are on the same local network, you are basically connected locally.

• I think the simple answer would be no, not the way you are thinking.

But in practice, after you make the connection via signalling, if your hosts and peers are on the same local network, you are basically connected locally.

But that still requires internet connection.

How come it can't be connected offline when it's basically the same thing but instead of an online signalling server and connecting peers and host online, we do it offline using LAN?

• You can, you'll just need a signalling server available on that particular LAN. It is not something particularly portable though.

• You can, you'll just need a signalling server available on that particular LAN. It is not something particularly portable though.

But that's not practical. I have seen many mobile apps do that portably and built-in the app. What am I missing here?

Is it a browser related problem or a browser missing feature?

• Does Apple now support the multiplayer webrtc? I have a similar project in stasis because webrtc wasn't supported and I didn't think I could demand everyone give up their iPhones....

• Does Apple now support the multiplayer webrtc? I have a similar project in stasis because webrtc wasn't supported and I didn't think I could demand everyone give up their iPhones....

Nope. Just use Photon.

You could have atleast made a new thread.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > You can, you'll just need a signalling server available on that particular LAN. It is not something particularly portable though.

>

But that's not practical. I have seen many mobile apps do that portably and built-in the app. What am I missing here?

Is it a browser related problem or a browser missing feature?

It isn't the approach Scirra decided to support with their multiplayer plugin. It might be able to work as a third party plugin, but I am not aware of one made for this.

• >

> > You can, you'll just need a signalling server available on that particular LAN. It is not something particularly portable though.

> >

>

> But that's not practical. I have seen many mobile apps do that portably and built-in the app. What am I missing here?

> Is it a browser related problem or a browser missing feature?

>

It isn't the approach Scirra decided to support with their multiplayer plugin. It might be able to work as a third party plugin, but I am not aware of one made for this.

Too bad.

Ashley is it possible to request this feature for Construct 3?

• > Does Apple now support the multiplayer webrtc? I have a similar project in stasis because webrtc wasn't supported and I didn't think I could demand everyone give up their iPhones....

>

Nope. Just use Photon.

You could have atleast made a new thread.

Ashley suggested using c2 multiplayer and I assumed (incorrectly) that was what you were enquiring about. No thread hijack intended.

• Colludium - It's okay.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)