Is it possible to make a local multiplayer game on mobile?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:28 am

Colludium wrote:Does Apple now support the multiplayer webrtc? I have a similar project in stasis because webrtc wasn't supported and I didn't think I could demand everyone give up their iPhones....

Nope. Just use Photon.
You could have atleast made a new thread.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18 am

chadorireborn wrote:
oosyrag wrote:You can, you'll just need a signalling server available on that particular LAN. It is not something particularly portable though.

But that's not practical. I have seen many mobile apps do that portably and built-in the app. What am I missing here?
Is it a browser related problem or a browser missing feature?

It isn't the approach Scirra decided to support with their multiplayer plugin. It might be able to work as a third party plugin, but I am not aware of one made for this.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:58 am

oosyrag wrote:
chadorireborn wrote:
oosyrag wrote:You can, you'll just need a signalling server available on that particular LAN. It is not something particularly portable though.

But that's not practical. I have seen many mobile apps do that portably and built-in the app. What am I missing here?
Is it a browser related problem or a browser missing feature?

It isn't the approach Scirra decided to support with their multiplayer plugin. It might be able to work as a third party plugin, but I am not aware of one made for this.

Too bad.

@Ashley is it possible to request this feature for Construct 3?

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:16 am

chadorireborn wrote:
Colludium wrote:Does Apple now support the multiplayer webrtc? I have a similar project in stasis because webrtc wasn't supported and I didn't think I could demand everyone give up their iPhones....

Nope. Just use Photon.
You could have atleast made a new thread.

Ashley suggested using c2 multiplayer and I assumed (incorrectly) that was what you were enquiring about. No thread hijack intended.
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:13 am

@Colludium - It's okay.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:22 pm

You can run the signalling server permanently on an offline LAN network, which means you only need to set it up once. But setting it up involves running a node.js server on a machine with the correct network configuration, e.g. setting up the firewall to allow server hosting, then identifying the machine's local IP address, and then using that address to connect to the signalling server with the Multiplayer plugin.

It's definitely possible, but I'd guess most players probably can't be bothered to do all that configuration just to play a game. By far the easiest thing to do is just go online and use the Scirra signalling server.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?