Is it possible to make a rpg game (like pokemon?)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Is it possible to make a rpg with construct 2 that you catch monsters, level them up, power them up?(I am not a pokemon fan, but this is the kind of game i wanna game)
B
4
Posts: 11
Reputation: 222

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:24 pm

yes it is, hope I answered your question :)

If you want to know how:
Read about arrays and instance variables. A combination of both should help you get starting.
B
44
S
10
G
8
Posts: 437
Reputation: 6,463

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Ubivis wrote:yes it is, hope I answered your question :)

If you want to know how:
Read about arrays and instance variables. A combination of both should help you get starting.


I will read them later.
Also thank you :)
B
4
Posts: 11
Reputation: 222

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Yes, but the stat crunching and data manipulation aren't for the feint of heart.
B
103
S
38
G
19
Posts: 962
Reputation: 17,996

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:41 pm

C-7 wrote:Yes, but the stat crunching and data manipulation aren't for the feint of heart.


What do you mean?
B
4
Posts: 11
Reputation: 222

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:15 pm

xDevWizx wrote:
C-7 wrote:Yes, but the stat crunching and data manipulation aren't for the feint of heart.


What do you mean?


Behind every game is data, and data is usually placed into array. And array and data and all the calculations etc that is game development isn't paint by numbers. It isn't have a game in a couple hours. Expect to spend a considerable amount of time building your game. Expect many many smash your head against the wall sessions ;)
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
65
S
16
G
9
Posts: 1,429
Reputation: 12,708


Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: David181, jorgmaquoi, MPPlantOfficial, unicornspitfire and 28 guests