Is it possible to make procedurally generated dungeons?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 8:44 am

@Bernie1400, it is definitely possible and a whole lot of fun :D check out my game Greed for an example - this basically uses the walker method with a few little additions of my own.

I keep threatening to write a tutorial cos I know a lot of people want to make roguelikes, but who knows whether I'll get round to it... I'd be happy to tell you a bit more about how I did it if you need any tips though, just PM me :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 4:45 pm

lolpaca wrote:@Bernie1400, it is definitely possible and a whole lot of fun :D check out my game for an example - this basically uses the walker method with a few little additions of my own.

I keep threatening to write a tutorial cos I know a lot of people want to make roguelikes, but who knows whether I'll get round to it... I'd be happy to tell you a bit more about how I did it if you need any tips though, just PM me :mrgreen:

A tutorial would be awesome! Well I can't pm you yet, because my reputation isn't high enough yet... :)
B
S

Post » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:48 pm

@minor Hey! I love this cave gen, but is there a way to clean the array or resetting the level without reloading the page?
And last thing, how would player and enemy spawns work in there? Thanks!

Minor wrote:@Bernie1400

I made the same version in Construct Classic complete with tutorial.

I've remade the basic idea in Construct 2 for you to play with.

Try it EDIT**You'll need the latest Construct 2 beta to open the file
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?