Is it possible to make simulation game using Construct 2?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Vuuv wrote:It's a mess cause you cant search for things. Databases provide very useful tools to get the data you need.
In LocalStorage you always need to get everything since you can just store "text".

I dont know the game, but normally games like these are quite complex:
- Economy systems
- Lot of Popups
- Lot of features



Any complete tutorial to learn more about using database in construct2?
Is it using mysql? I learned mysql for about 2 years and I think it will be sufficient :D

Any advanced game tutorial with the same system like economy system, popup and other fancy features?

Just tried to google it and can't find even one example :cry:
B
8
S
2
Posts: 203
Reputation: 1,169

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:42 pm

As I said, it's not that easy.

You need to know about PHP, AJAX, JSON and MySQL. Setup a database and a PHP backend.

There are no tutorials like this cause these are very huge game elements which are always different.
I think it's the best to start with a simple game like a platformer oder sidescroller.
B
14
S
3
G
1
Posts: 255
Reputation: 2,027

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Vuuv wrote:As I said, it's not that easy.

You need to know about PHP, AJAX, JSON and MySQL. Setup a database and a PHP backend.

There are no tutorials like this cause these are very huge game elements which are always different.
I think it's the best to start with a simple game like a platformer oder sidescroller.


Well, that's sound hard to do


Btw, just to make it clear, what I want to make is a game, something similar like Plague

play.google.com*store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.plagueinc
you tube . com * watch?v=QWmr96nYOAE


change * to /

Is making such game need a lot of effort as it seems simple :D

And also, I only got about 3 months to make it, so is it possible for such newbie like me?



-edit-

Just found a very similar game with what I want to make, anyone care to try it and give me some input about what should i learn?
You can found it here and it's for android

play.google.com*store/apps/details?id=com.PJgamestudio.ElectionStory14

change * to /
B
8
S
2
Posts: 203
Reputation: 1,169

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Both games you postet are not that easy to do!
You can see that there are a lot of game elements and menus. Also both games need a very good balancing and working algorithms. Game development isnt as easy as it seams. And making the game work is just 20% of work. You still need menus, highscores, settings, sharebuttons, finishing touches and connect your game to a store.

I don't want to demoralize you but I saw a lot of beginners who were trying to make huge games and ended up with nothing. Rather do something really really small and finish it.
B
14
S
3
G
1
Posts: 255
Reputation: 2,027

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Vuuv wrote:Both games you postet are not that easy to do!
You can see that there are a lot of game elements and menus. Also both games need a very good balancing and working algorithms. Game development isnt as easy as it seams. And making the game work is just 20% of work. You still need menus, highscores, settings, sharebuttons, finishing touches and connect your game to a store.

I don't want to demoralize you but I saw a lot of beginners who were trying to make huge games and ended up with nothing. Rather do something really really small and finish it.


I'm in position of not being able to create small project so I ended up with the political party manager game

3 months is the time I got, do you think it will be enough to create the core of the game ? :D
B
8
S
2
Posts: 203
Reputation: 1,169

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Why you want to copy a game and not think of an own idea :)

As a programmer I can say: Everything's possible: It's just a matter of how much efforts you put in it.
B
14
S
3
G
1
Posts: 255
Reputation: 2,027

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Vuuv wrote:Why you want to copy a game and not think of an own idea :)

As a programmer I can say: Everything's possible: It's just a matter of how much efforts you put in it.


Got the same idea long before and after some googling, found out someone out there had same idea

Thanks for your kind words, gonna put lot of effort here :D
B
8
S
2
Posts: 203
Reputation: 1,169

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm

I wish you good luck :) Never give up!
B
14
S
3
G
1
Posts: 255
Reputation: 2,027

Post » Sat May 14, 2016 8:45 am

Here you go mate, enjoy:

Part1:
https://youtu.be/OGffy63yA-o

Part2:
https://youtu.be/ZP8c57nzaeA

If you take a look at how many lines of code this guy has used you can understand just how long it would take to make the game, think I saw 815+ lines of code used in part 1 lol..... On a positive note on Construct 2 anythings possible, making games is all about solving problems, don't give up eventually you will do it ;-)
B
4
S
1
Posts: 1
Reputation: 360

Post » Sat May 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Honestly, if what you're going for is something more like SimCity, then it's completely possible. I love those kinds of games, so even if your game is a bit noobish I would love to play it! :) And you don't need AJAX and PHP for something as simple as SimCity. I'd only recommend, though, that if this is something you want to make, don't focus primarily on multiplayer starting out. After learning more about development, and learning some AJAX and PHP knowledge, try it then. But that's a lot of stuff to have to deal with right from the beginning. Start small, and work your way up.
ImageImage
B
44
S
13
G
2
Posts: 252
Reputation: 6,246

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests