is possible to do this in cosntruct? -Fake 3d-

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
3D Car Pack 1
$2.99 USD
3D models + Rendered Low-Poly Cars in isometric, top-down, and side angles.
  • i wonder if is possible to do something like this in construct

Subscribe to Construct videos now

like mode7 in MMF2

• yes but its not easy.

its not gonna be *fake* itll be real 3d, but you need to understand the math behind 3d rotations and how to translate that into construct. so its possible yes, but its not very accessible as of yet since no plugins to make it easier exist.

• QuaziGNRLnose experiment is really slick, but with your simple graphics that could be done in a 3d engine in a fraction of the time. Thought once you get into more rlisitic 3d objects the creation time really goes up.

• yes but its not easy.

its not gonna be *fake* itll be real 3d, but you need to understand the math behind 3d rotations and how to translate that into construct. so its possible yes, but its not very accessible as of yet since no plugins to make it easier exist.

that is impressive, but when i opened the event sheet editor my brain blow up XD

but, i don't need strictly real 3d, a mode7 like layer rotation and sprite scaling is enough

• i made a mode 7 mariocart clone in construct, ill upload it tonight i have school now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know that I might get burned for saying this but construct is a 2d game engine meant for 2d games, use an engine for what it is made for, when you try to make an engine do something it was not meant to do it breaks and is much harder than it needs to be. There are free 3D engines (unity, udk) that will make your life much easier, and you might have to learn a programming language but get over it its really not that bad, and if you want to make games you are going to have to learn some kind of programming logic at some point or another.

• let people experiment, youll learn the necessary math concepts behind things doing it, and not everyone wants to make a completely 3D games. adding mode 7 type effects spices up your 2d games and in anycase isnt very complicated to do at all. getting collisions and graphics importing to work in 3d for a 2d game is much less intuitive than using construct, and construct wasnt "intended" for anything, its simply a tool to make things easier, and well to be frank i find writing about 7 events to do this is alot simpler than learning java, learning how to import 3d models and do uv mapping ect. its simple 3d, which construct is made for.

• I think it's funny when people say "fake 3D". Billions of polygons or its not 3D lol.

• The fake 3d's not too hard. I mean we have z depth, and you can do a few things with fx for the backgrounds. The fake collision detections on the other hand...yeah kinda.

• let people experiment, youll learn the necessary math concepts behind things doing it, and not everyone wants to make a completely 3D games. adding mode 7 type effects spices up your 2d games and in anycase isnt very complicated to do at all. getting collisions and graphics importing to work in 3d for a 2d game is much less intuitive than using construct, and construct wasnt "intended" for anything, its simply a tool to make things easier, and well to be frank i find writing about 7 events to do this is alot simpler than learning java, learning how to import 3d models and do uv mapping ect. its simple 3d, which construct is made for.

Mode 7 and what not is fine but people want to make construct into a 3d engine which it is not. if you want to add some 3d to your game to make it look better that is fine too but what I dont get is why people want to make true 3d games with construct when just to get something rendering in 3d would take for ever. Where as with unity its as simple as going into max or maya making your object and dragging it into the program and boom its there, and yes you might have to fiddle around with uvs or something other things, but its better than needing 45 events to get 1 3d model working. If your really interested in making a true 3d game you need to use the tools suited for the job, not ones that require overly complicated things to get 1 model working.

and as for not beign complicated you your self said it was not easy, and it looks pretty complicated.

• well, i don't want to use construct as a 3d engine, i know there is a lot of 3d engines, only i want a mode7 like snes games, construct have the flexibility to do games old scrool with old scrool 3d efects

• HERES UR MODE7 STUFF. ask questions if you need to.

• thanks you very much, that help me a lot!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)