Is possible to sell HTML5 .js source code?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:19 am

I think they would want to add their own code to it to track analytics , ads perhaps etc. If they aren't able to do this then I don't think they would be interested in having the capx or machine code that is useless lol. Is there anyway around this. Cause it would pretty much block using C2 to make games which can then be sold to portals. It appears they want full out source code. You don't want to limit the places you can take your game to right. Having your game in an App Store is hard to make money now a days for most people, so diversify. From what I am hearing, there is a small group of portals/ sponsors . But they scream give me source code!!!lol. Any more suggestions ? Besides wishing i was a real programmer lol.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:34 pm

You can definitely sell the source code, the only issue is if they want to customise it then by far the easiest way is to give them the .capx source then they use the Javascript SDK to add their own analytics, tracking etc. I guess most portals aren't used to doing that, but there's no reason it can't be done.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:54 am

@ronval if your client is using mac, you probably make an XML config how your client can edit settings of the game via XML file.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:35 am

thanks man good to know. I did end up finding out that portals do take C2 games you would just have to use the C2 SDK to add the extra functions that they might want.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General