Is Preview Over LAN iPhone Performance?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:18 am

I made a really simple platform game with only a couple of frames of animation and some touch controls to test the iphone/preview over lan functionality.

It worked, but it didn't perform really well - is this to do with preview over lan not optimizing the game or?
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:21 am

Should be "optimized" exactly the same. Which iPhone? Which browser? (Do you even get a choice on an iPhone? I don't know.) Have you tried previewing that particular game over LAN on other devices?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:33 am

[QUOTE=Saint Mike] Should be "optimized" exactly the same. Which iPhone? Which browser? (Do you even get a choice on an iPhone? I don't know.) Have you tried previewing that particular game over LAN on other devices?[/QUOTE]

It was an iphone 3s?

I know, its old, but I have updated it since, so maybe it will perform better now its been updated to the latest OS? (Using a relatives iphone, I don't own one myself - don't think they are very tech savvy, haha)
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Older devices have much weaker hardware. I know that the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are considerably faster than the iPhone 3, and the newest iPhone 5 scores about twice as fast as the 4S on benchmarks too. So there are big jumps there.

iOS also tends to get faster with each release. Are you using the latest iOS 6? (Is that available for 3S?) iOS 5 and above use hardware acceleration, which should make sure the games run as fast as possible.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:49 am

[QUOTE=Ashley] Older devices have much weaker hardware. I know that the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are considerably faster than the iPhone 3, and the newest iPhone 5 scores about twice as fast as the 4S on benchmarks too. So there are big jumps there.

iOS also tends to get faster with each release. Are you using the latest iOS 6? (Is that available for 3S?) iOS 5 and above use hardware acceleration, which should make sure the games run as fast as possible.[/QUOTE]

Cheers man! I think that is probably the issue, the phone was not updated for a year.
B
S

Return to How do I....?