Is python important to know?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:25 am

Just wondering, is it important to know python to use construct. I have spent the last year learning the similarly awesome "Lua", and I wanted to know if it is worth learning a new language primarily for construct use. Hopefully it is close enough to Lua that I wont have to go insane learning a new language. Also, what are some good books/sites for beginning python? Thanks, sorry for the amazing amount of questions :P
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:43 am

You can write many wonderful games without Python. So I suggest to do not double your efforts and lean Construct first. Then add Python as needed.

BTW Python is not hard to learn at all, so do not worry.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:52 am

Thanks for responding so quickly! I will dedicate myself to construct first off, and move on from there. What is a good first project, if you don't mind my asking?
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:35 am

I started making my own min projects. Moving things, checking collisions. I am a big fan about starting small. My fist game is done I am just making graphics for it now and i have only been here a week.

Ghost shooter tutorial is a very complete tutorial. Do the reading one not the video.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/c ... =Tutorials

Here is a fun mini platform video demo. It is not s full tutorial but very informative.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9vs494u4Ik

Also I am VERY excited about deadeye making a new platform school tutorial. The one posted is outdated but he is amazing at platforms, and is updating it.

... any hint on time frame deadeye? Fans await ;-)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:50 am

[quote="Guyon":3kqrs0te]... any hint on time frame deadeye? Fans await ;-)[/quote:3kqrs0te]

Soon, hopefully. Patience ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:28 pm

back to the original topic
to put it another way
almost no one here knows python
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:06 pm

[quote="lucid":1pjexlzn]back to the original topic
to put it another way
almost no one here knows python[/quote:1pjexlzn]
Good way to put it :lol:
B
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Yeah, I guess people who know Python prefer to develop games with Pygame and stuff, since it gives them more freedom.

Also, why do I have the feeling of deja vu? I'm sure I've said a similar statement somewhere on these forums...
B
S
G

Return to Construct Classic Discussion