Is there a Manual on PDF?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Richard and I'm new here.

So how does this application work? Is there an "official" document/manual that a noob, like myself, could read to get started?

A demo or source code would be nice to look at too.

Please help -- I would like to know where to begin.
B
G

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:08 pm

Construct is not finished yet so I'm afraid there isn't much in the way of documentation right now. After the next build comes out, 0.85, I will be working on some docs, tutorials and such, which will be placed in a "Learn" section of the site, to help beginners. However, in 0.84, you can try looking at the Ghost Shooter demo code: go to File - New - Template and pick Ghost Shooter. That has a nearly complete game set up with lots of events, which might help you get to grips with Construct for now.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:18 pm

[quote="Ashley":2xfbn936]Construct is not finished yet so I'm afraid there isn't much in the way of documentation right now. After the next build comes out, 0.85, I will be working on some docs, tutorials and such, which will be placed in a "Learn" section of the site, to help beginners. However, in 0.84, you can try looking at the Ghost Shooter demo code: go to File - New - Template and pick Ghost Shooter. That has a nearly complete game set up with lots of events, which might help you get to grips with Construct for now.[/quote:2xfbn936]
Great! I wasn't sure if the game was compiled in a way to where this wasn't possible.

Ashley, forgive me for asking, but are you a guy or girl? I use to go to school with a guy named Ashley -- so I had to ask. :)

Thanks for your help and a promising app!
B
G

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:20 pm

LOL! I'm a guy, but I know the name can go both ways ;)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:28 pm

Doesn't stop him playing with Barbie though ;)

LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:44 pm

[quote="Ashley":26bsimth]LOL! I'm a guy, but I know the name can go both ways ;)[/quote:26bsimth]

I always though you were a girl! Oh well. Anyway, I had some problems starting with the game factory. Well, I started at 7, so I have this experience now. Anyway, when I was 7, I didn't get what all events did... So I suggest having a table that lists all events/conditions and explain the parameters and their effects.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic