Is there a way target an object using a function parameter?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hi everyone. This is my first post here, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to do something. I only started with Construct 2 about a week ago, and from what I've search of the forums, I can't find an easy solution to my problem.

So I'm making a JRPG style game, with many unique characters each with their own stats, and other variables. I have all of these characters in a single family called NPCs. I want to create a function that has a parameter which is used to reference a specific character, and get the value of an instance variable from them. Is there a way to do this? My first thought was to simply use the parameter in the expression like so: functionA(0).BulletDistanceTravelled but that didn't work. Is there a reason for this? Can anyone offer me a solution?

Thank you for any help you offer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When you call the function you can pass the uid of an object as a parameter. Then in the function you can pick the sprite by uid.

Start of layout

Pick random sprite instance

—- function: call “foo” (sprite.uid)

On function “foo”

Sprite: pick by uid function.param(0)

—- do something with sprite

• Thank you. I was banging my head at this for hours. Turns out there was also an issue in my game logic.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)