Is there a way to test tilt commands on desktop browser?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:50 pm

I tried to test it opening the html on my Nokia Lumia 710 and on a Samsung Galaxy Y, but it doesn't work.

As I don't have more advanced devices to use, Is there a way to test it on a desktop browser? Just like the touch can be emulated by mouse click?

Regards

Paulo Fernandes
B
14
S
6
G
3
Posts: 102
Reputation: 3,987

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:08 pm

How big is your monitor?
Have you tried picking it up, and tilting it to see?

Yeah, nope.
Best bet get a friend to test for you.
B
169
S
50
G
174
Posts: 8,331
Reputation: 110,806

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Well, you could call the same function in your events the game calls when a tilt is detected when clicking on a button, but in any case, you won't have the tilt orientation. To test it truly, you'll need a friend (or another device)
B
17
S
8
G
4
Posts: 473
Reputation: 6,191

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:41 pm

newt wrote:How big is your monitor?
Have you tried picking it up, and tilting it to see?

Yeah, nope.
Best bet get a friend to test for you.


Dude, if you didn't had anything to contribute to my question, it would be better for you to remain quiet. Sorry if you are upset with something or if you are facing some problem, but I have nothing to do with it.

Reported.

Guizmus wrote:Well, you could call the same function in your events the game calls when a tilt is detected when clicking on a button, but in any case, you won't have the tilt orientation. To test it truly, you'll need a friend (or another device)


Thanks for the suggestion @Guizmus! That should work for the moment.
B
14
S
6
G
3
Posts: 102
Reputation: 3,987

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:21 pm

@newt

Well i found it amusing :-)
B
48
S
16
G
9
Posts: 1,098
Reputation: 11,197

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Newt did answer your question, did you expect the answer to only be Yes? the other answer was No.
B
233
S
62
G
33
Posts: 902
Reputation: 40,398

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Oh, sh1t I dropped my bl$$dy monitor - who gets the bill



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by DUTOIT on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
B
65
S
16
G
9
Posts: 1,429
Reputation: 12,718

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Did you drop it from ... the roof ? (dutoit, du toit, from the roof in french...) Ok, I'll show myself out.
B
17
S
8
G
4
Posts: 473
Reputation: 6,191

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:36 pm

Guizmus wrote:Did you drop it from ... the roof ? (dutoit, du toit, from the roof in french...) Ok, I'll show myself out.


Well, I thought I would get more tilt by hanging it over the gutter :mrgreen:

Yip - it means from the roof. Who knows what my ancestors did ????, been trying to figure it out my whole life. I asked the british Thatcher if we had anything in common - what you think?
B
65
S
16
G
9
Posts: 1,429
Reputation: 12,718


Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brunopalermo and 18 guests