Is this supposed to happen? (Collisions)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hello, I've been taking a long break from C2 for a few months, but now that I'm back I've encountered this problem and I'm not sure if this behavior was always like this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/191 ... doubt.capx

I'm using a snap to grid to 32x32 so the positioning should be perfect, there is also 1 event that states if red sprite is overlapping with yellow sprite -> red sprite set Y to self.Y-32

However in both scenarios the system thinks that both sprites are overlapping and the event runs, pushing the red sprite to the top.

If I manually move the red sprite 1 pixel down there is a visible gap of 1 pixel between both sprites so I know the positioning is good and they shouldn't overlap, unless that has been changed in recent months.

I remember this wasn't like this but now I'm not so sure anymore.

• That is normal, however think the way it works is only logic to C2 and not for the users as we wouldn't assume there was an overlap in such case.

• It was always like that. Adjacent sprites count as overlapping. You can either alter the collision polygon to be a little smaller or change the red's size to be smaller before checking for an overlap and then changing the size back so there is no visible gap.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok thanks, I was starting to go nuts.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)