Is Web-storage supported by IntelXDK Android build?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hey ,

i have been trying to build my html5 game using Construct 2 and Intel XDK (Android Build , not Crosswalk) , but gives out Black Screen !

if Web storage , is not supported , then is there a way i can add support ? **

OR

is there other way i can save game data (the high-score of my game) ?

i was thinking if , Intel XDK's caching / cookies , could help to save and get back the high-score of my game ?

well , things i m not sure about :-

**1) while building to Android in XDK , there is a step called "plugin" , is this some way can help me to my problem?

2) does crosswalk support webstorage ?

sorry if bad English !

thanks !

• Hi,

1) XDK intel plugins I have not tried.

2) Intel XDK ( crosswalk ) support webstorage.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hi , thanks !

i had tried for Crosswalk (using Intel XDK export) , but still i got a black screen ! (and Crosswalk , gives out large .apk file)

well , i saw that Intel XDK Android Build (not Crosswalk) game , works super fast ,

but when i added , web-storage at start of layout , booom ... black screen !

and..

more things i m not so sure about :-

1) ID in construct 2

2) Build ID in Intel XDK and its build menus

3) should the ID in construct 2 and Build ID , be same ?

4) app name in construct 2 and app name in Intel XDK , should be same ?

5) URL scheme while you build for Android (some thing to do with layouts in Construct 2 ?)

6) can i use the same game code , exported for Intel XDK (called the "bundle") , for Crosswalk ?

thanks !

• Hi,

1) ... 4) Theirs not to have to change is that you use the same data, in my opinion.

id construct 2 and id intel xdk, should be equal to differentiate them from other companies

app name in construct 2 and app name in Intel XDK, should be equal to differentiate them from other companies

• although they need not -

5) I don't know

6) I don't know

Tutorial

http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/809/how-to-export-to-android-with-crosswalk

• thanks !

well ..

still 2 more thing ... (sorry if disturbing )

1) is there other way i can save game data (the high-score of my game) ?

2) i was thinking if , Intel XDK's caching / cookies , could help to save and get back the high-score of my game ?

anyway , thanks a lot ! !

• Quiet, not annoying

1) and 2 )

You can use webstorage, xml, ajax or third party plugin clay.io - the latter is also supported by intel XDK ( crosswalk ) -

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)