Isometric multiple floors

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:57 pm

> @lennaert : I see, I will take a look, now I am interested. I like limitations and working out workarounds, if needed. I know it's sick, but it's fun for me... :D
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:59 pm

lennaert wrote:It took me a bit of headache hahah, but I think Ive nailed it now ... again, the power came from simplicity ...
Weird really, every time I run into something that takes way too long to develop, I find myself adding tons of booleans, vars, objects and what not .... just to get 1 thing working lol

Generally taking a step back and looking at it a day later helps enormously.

I just got myself out of sync somehow.
So there are new issues now ^^

It seems like the floors of the players are messed up, because on the player1 screen i saw player2 driving through the walls without any issues.
While player 2 was actually on the top of that floor, but i've got thrown out for some weird reason.
So it's pretty messed up right now.

I've had actually the exact same issues on my own engine, before we came in touch here :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:56 am

Hello, sorry for necroposting this, but I'm also interested on the solutions posted here to make up for the lack of collision filtering option on solid objects on multiplayer objects, on my case I have a multiplayer shooter game with a Z index position, similar to a isometric projection.

Before I've read this post I had the same problem with the collisions, the solid object behavior and the peer-host player collision filtering.

Here is a Screenshoot ingame of how the game plays and the player makes the movement of the Z axis Value.
Example-1.jpg

Basically I did a temporary solution to my problem with invisible Collision Masks and Events, something like this:
Example-4.jpg

Then, the player shifted between the Z Axis Index pressing up and down keys, using instance variables was easy...

But there was a involved problem when let's say player 1 is walking on the stairs (Example-2) , and player 2 is on the same place but on a different Z Axis Position, this resulted on player 1 falling trough the stairs because the collisions are being disabled.
Example-2.jpg

So I was looking to a solution, to this Solid Behavior Being Global, and I've ended up here.

I wanted to check out the tankwars approach but the Dropbox link is dead :( can someone please reupload it again?
I have another idea to make for this solution, but I need the link.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:18 am

@elisamuelps

drop box link

Its been updated a couple times and I had removed older versions.

This version has some performance issues which have already been solved, but the newer version is not ready for testing yet.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:37 am

have you explored other alternation to achieve the similar effect. I once played a game where once you went into the house It black out the outside and created a like stand alone area perhap loading a house layout of where the house is and mimic the floors in like a z order / using invisible area to visible / teleporting.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:28 am

@Gearworkdragon

Various methods been mentioned in the thread.

But the whole idea is to support multiple floors in the same layout.

This can add more dimension and litterally extra depth to games.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 pm

lennaert wrote:@Gearworkdragon

lennaert wrote:@Gearworkdragon

@lennaert

@Everade

Take a look into this, someone did a platform behavior that does object filtering by layers, maybe we can make our own collision filtering behaviour, using this as a base:

behaviour-paco-039-s-extended-platform_t80887

The Platform Behaviour modified by paco is outdated now because scirra added more functionality to the official platform plugin, but this one can be reworked =) good news.
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:17 pm

HEHE necro

Another option would be to have instead of solids, bounce off for each of the things and have a check.

Peer z= object z

this would mean that for each chair, stool and so on you would need a new event where you ask if the player/monster is overlapping an object and if the z's are equal.
B

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:48 am

That's basically what lannaert used to reach this goal.
The problem is here that, bounce off triggers once it overlaps already.
So you actually bounce back and forth each tick...

It's not reliable when high velocity objects move towards walls.
And objects can be pushed through walls in multiplayer scenarios, when 2 players walk into each other for example.
This causes really unpredictable bugs.

I wasn't able to find an actual real solution until this date.
And the fact that Ashley and his team do not take care about further enhancements on the Multiplayer feature, i'm not sure if Construct is the place to be.
Especially not within an isometric/online multiplayer environment.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Still searching for a solution, my further tests all ended up bad.
Would be awesome to have some experienced constructers working on this since Scirra doesn't work on Multiplayer.

(Solution for multiple floors within an online multiplayer scenario where individual players are able to not bump into solid objects while the others don't due the fact that they are moving on a different floor

Main issue being: Solid objects are only globaly set and can not be set individualy for each object.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?