Issue with 8-direction behavior and animations

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:27 pm

One of my students is trying to move a tank sprite with 8-direction behavior. He has a different animation for the sprite facing up, down, left, and right (1 frame each). He also plans to create diagonal animations later on. He programmed that when the left key is down, the animation should be set to left. Same for right, up, and down. However, the 8-direction behavior overrides this and the appropriate direction for the tank does not show. How can I fix this? Thanks for your help!
B

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Hello @KearnsTeacher regarding 8-direction overriding your animations. It is because of the 8-Direction "Set Angle Property" is enabled in the Properties Bar of the Tank Sprite. To fix this you must change the Set Angle to No

In The Properties Bar

Tank Sprite
----8 Direction Behavior---
Set Angle --> No
Last edited by chadorireborn on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Here is the Properties Tab -- This is what's causing the animations angle to change. To prevent your issue, Set Angle to "No"

Hope I helped XD

-------------------------------------------------------------------
If Image not shown above....

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... hoto%2cpng

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:17 pm

This worked....thank you so much! :) I appreciate it!
B

Return to How do I....?