issue with variable check

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • I am using drag n drop on 6 items. Every time they are dropped in the correct place I add 1 to the global variable score.

I have a text set to score for a visual feedback and it is working fine. The score reaches 6.

When score = 6 I need a screen to slide in. However, though I think I have the correct code the slide does not move in.

Set up: 6 labels - 6 boxes - six check marks - 6 red crosses. (feedback items show when element dropped).

Code:

system/compare variable score

if score = 6 then move slide in (using LiteTeen) (LiteTeen is set to start from beginning)

This does not work so I added another global variable finished = 0

then I have if score = 6 then set finished to 1

if score = 6 and finished = 1 then move slide in - set animation to frame 0 (good! image)

if score < 6 and finished = 0 then move silde in - set animation to frame 1 (not so good! image)

Does not work either.

I tried to put the score variable on an every tick even too. still not joy!

Any idea why this is not working?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Educated guess.

Your score stays at 6. Now the 'event that moves' keeps starting the move from the beginning every tick. Tick, tick, tick tick ....

Or.

if score = 6

....set score to something different

....move slide in

Or

If score = 6

Once While true

...move slide in

• Does it work if you add the System object's Trigger once while true condition to your event?

• Thanks for your input. I will try these and let you know probably tomorrow.

• 99Instances2Go - I used the following:

if score = 6, set score to 7 
    if score = 7 slide in good [/code:2x9t1a0v]
    and it works.

FYI, for the 'not so good slide' I added a new variable called 'done' and add 1 to it when any drop is done. At the end if check both score and done.
    [code:2x9t1a0v]if score < 6 and done = 6, then slide in 'not so good'.[/code:2x9t1a0v]

[b]Thanks for your help.  I wish there was a way to mark your answer as correct.[/b]
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)