It's 2015, How's Your Game Performing on Phones?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat May 02, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi i will look at the menu Fps, but i dont think it is so bad. It might look like lag because of the smoke is playing slow. Admob is causing some fps drops while playing the game so i will remove it and put it somewhere else( Pause and such) , I am not using physics at all :-) Thank you for posting your results , it is very helpful! The double jump info is in red in the first level i think?
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 02, 2015 7:50 pm

Oh, ok. I am at work here and my concentration is often on other things ;) my mistake :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 02, 2015 7:52 pm

no problem at all, if you will try it on S3 , i will be happy to see the result
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 02, 2015 8:03 pm

hmmm, at the last crosswalk-Updates the physics will run a bit better i mean..... Not perfect, but better! In the next days i will check this method(example):
-Layout with invisible lines that tiles the layout in 2 parts
-when you collide (actor) the first invisble line it will check the physics collision in "Screenpart one" on and "Screenpart Two" off
-If collide line 2 make colliosioncheck in "Screenpart one" off and in "Screenpart Two" on.....

Hmmm.... What a great workflow! *Ironie off* :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 02, 2015 8:16 pm

OK, i have played the menu for longer time: I have all 5-10 Seconds a short massive slow framerate for a short time (under 1 Second). The Smokes stops and the Fire from the torch, too. But the game is definitv playable!
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 02, 2015 9:25 pm

i have added another build which is much faster for me. maybe for you too?

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/zr0jDAKj/file.html
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 03, 2015 12:43 am

I'm trying to figure out whether I'll run into a brick wall later on the mobile front by sticking with C2, or look for something else like HaxeFlixel. But yeah, it's been a couple of years already and I feel our mindset is still stuck in some mobile-performance-fiasco timewarp considering that a lot of yesteryear's premium handsets are now more available to the masses and today's handsets across the price/performance spectrum are pretty decent and quite affordable. So do we still need to worry about mobile performance and C2 builds for mobile given today's scenario? Yesterday's performance phones is in today's flea markets as second hand phones. Today's mass market phones seem to have decent performance... but can they happily run C2 games and up to what level of complexity? Today's total crap Androids are still used by the masses, but are they ones who will do IAP? Probably not, but in terms of eyeballs for your ads, yeah they might be important in that regard *IF* they have the time to play your games, but they probably won't because they load up their games at informal "download spots" in a flea market who have a collection of popular titles to load up on those phones.
B
S

Post » Mon May 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Tokinsom wrote:People are still attempting mobile games with HTML5 / C2? Huh.

My thoughts exactly...
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Square Eater (http://bit.ly/1wKDiNT) is working pretty good on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Android 4.4.2, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and even better on Samsung Galaxy S 5 with Android 5 (Lollipop). It works better on Lollipop than it was before, I think.
I don't have other devices to test.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 05, 2015 11:44 pm

I made a simple game for tablets that seems to run fairly smooth on the iPad 1. Haven't had an opportunity to test it on a newer device, but hoping that it runs at least as smoothly or even better considering the newer versions are more powerful. Ran slow as molasses on phones, though, so I only ever released it for tablets. Unfortunately it involves a physics-based ragdoll, and physics seem to wreak havoc on the FPS when it comes to mobile.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General