I've forgotten everything about MMF

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:29 pm

He didn't just use MMF, he made stuff for them. He was/is Tigerworks.

Edit:
And I'm sorry if this thread is inappropriate or you're afraid of it leading to more flaming/drama... go ahead and close it if you think that's for the best. I don't want to cause a ruckus.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:45 pm

Since it might get closed, I'd like to add I don't find the programs all that similar.

The layout and events etc, are not an exclusive clickteam design ... Powerpoint comes to mind ... The similarities come from both being a game creation tool.

Anyways, onward!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:12 am

In all fairness, I think we are more than capable of having a discussion about this topic in a mature and respectable manner. If Ash wants it closed then that's another story, but I personally think it's good to be able to openly discuss this. Ash and the Scirra team didn't do anything wrong, so why worry about it?

I have to agree with Ashley though, bagging other game programs is not a polite thing to do... though not illegal, it's still not nice. If it wasn't for programs like Klik and Play, Game Factory, etc... Construct might not even be here. Fair enough I'm sure we all agree that we like Construct better, and drawing comparisons between other software is perfectly fine... but putting someone else down in a obviously non-constructive manner (no pun intended... I seem to do that a lot) is rude and uncalled for.

Just my 2 cents... keep the change :P

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:44 am

Keep the 2 cents? Oh man ... what to buy first!?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:33 am

[quote="Jeswen":his2z0qb]Keep the 2 cents? Oh man ... what to buy first!?[/quote:his2z0qb]

I dunno... there are a few Clickteam produ.... JOKING!!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:36 am

B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:57 am

Oh man! I wish we had some kind of PEP/Reputation system on this board... I would have so PEP'd you for that pic loooooooool!

~Sol
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:19 pm

While I agree with Soldjahboy that we have the capacity to discuss this in a sensible manner, I don't think threads like this need to exist. The whole legal threats thing is too tired to be dredged up again; you can find the backstory in old threads. Further, there is no need to pitch the benefits of Construct on the Construct forum itself; it's elitist and as I said, pretentious and unrealistic. This doesn't mean censoring any mention of any competing product - there's no reason not to talk about them if it is productive, accurate and relevant to do so. Rants about how much other programs suck is firmly outside of that definition.

Hope you understand folks, this thread is now locked.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic