JackMan: First Game attemp

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • The reason was that i havent anything better to do XD, since i havent too many imagination,since construct has some bugs now , ill not finish it until version 1

but ill keep trying to finish the engine

the current engine hasn't even 30% of what i want XD

EDIT: Fixed the issues mentioned by linkman and added a double jump

The Exe

• the wall jump puts you too far to be a viable move for climbing walls, i did manage to jump back and forth from the edge of the screen and the wall and even after touching the botton, nothing happened ...

okay, i tried again and managed to complete what was available, it was decent if a bit trying

• Nice start there. I like how you've added bits of destructable terrain, and the fire mode effect is nifty.

A few problems, though. First, I think the character jumps too hight and too fast. I'd suggest reducing both gravity and jump power. Second, on the wall kick, I'd suggest that you improve that a little bit. For instance, I think the speed at which you jump off should be halved so that you can jump up along one wall so that you can more easily reach hard to reach places. Also, it's a little hard to grab on and then kick off. I'd suggest that you make it to where you cling to the wall until you hit the bottom or hit the jump button again.

Also, I'm wondering what these bugs you're talking about are. Maybe we could help you with them?

• [quote:145poklj]Also, I'm wondering what these bugs you're talking about are. Maybe we could help you with them?

i think that u cant help me out, construct just crashes sometimes when i use it, but saving the file frequently can solve the problem XD

now ill work some more on the engine

and about the "jump on kick off" i can handle it normally, i think thats need pratice XD

and you cant slide on the walls that dissapear from switch now, ill add it later

EDIT: i will try to fix the problems u mensioned up there

• good start more original, hehe.

good for a first game attempt keep it up.

• good start more original, hehe.

good for a first game attempt keep it up.

haha lol, ripping an char is easer than makin one from scratch

and megaman has all the animations that i need xD, at least i color it and change the head

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Pretty good demo so far. The placement for the switches and walls is a little too hardcore for a first level, but I understand that it's just a demo engine.

And I like the destructible terrain too, I just wish there were a way to get rid of the tiny floating bits automatically, without having to jump and shoot a hundred times trying to hit them.

As for the crashes you encounter while using Construct... you really should report those. See if you notice a pattern when it crashes. Does it usually crash while doing the same activity? Are you able to recreate the crash? If so, then post a bug report. The quicker it's fixed, the faster v1.0 will come .

Heck, you could even try crashing it on purpose just to track down the bug.

• Pretty good demo so far. The placement for the switches and walls is a little too hardcore for a first level, but I understand that it's just a demo engine.

And I like the destructible terrain too, I just wish there were a way to get rid of the tiny floating bits automatically, without having to jump and shoot a hundred times trying to hit them.

As for the crashes you encounter while using Construct... you really should report those. See if you notice a pattern when it crashes. Does it usually crash while doing the same activity? Are you able to recreate the crash? If so, then post a bug report. The quicker it's fixed, the faster v1.0 will come .

Heck, you could even try crashing it on purpose just to track down the bug.

i wish i could remove then automacally too :/ but i dont think a way to do this :X, if someone can help about this.. xD

and the crashes i think that are already in the bug tracker:

* when i try to resize something, it crashes

* the mirror doesnt work anymore

* opening an object while in event editor results in crash

all of those i think that are on the tracker

and about the Hardness, i dont think thats hard, with the double jump you can easily hit the first switch, or is just me that thinks that? D:

• This is a very cool demo.

• and about the Hardness, i dont think thats hard, with the double jump you can easily hit the first switch, or is just me that thinks that? D:

It's just you. It's your own game, you've tested it a thousand times... of course you're good at it. For someone playing the first time, not so much.

Balancing the gameplay is probably the most difficult thing for new developers. Just keep in mind that noobs don't know your controls, they don't know the moves... give them easy things to accomplish at first, and ramp up the difficulty as time progresses. That switch up high on the wall is something for a later level.

• Hey that was pretty cool man

Keep it up... this will be a neat game when it's all done

~Sol

• ya rly

ill down the switch and put an platform under it, would be easer to reach it XD

About the post down there:

Here it runs perfectly, i downloaded the file and it runs normal here, are you using lastest directX version?

• can't run the game

"An invalid texture was referenced.

This is a bug, please report it."

• hey guys, what you do when you have Mind Block

i cant make a thing on the engine, i have mind block now :S

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)