Javascript error about physics

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

After some time playing in some layouts, like level 36, the game simply crashes, always giving the same error

Attach a Capx

I can't upload a .capx since my game is on Steam, but i can send it via e-mail for Ashley if he agrees

Description of Capx

The .capx is a completed game called Pinkman

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Start the game
    • Select a level
    • Wait some minutes until the game crashes
    • It doesn't happen in all layouts, it's seems like it happen more often in layouts with more physics objects, like level 36

Observed Result

The game crashes giving an error about physics

Expected Result

Nothing, i just want the game to not crash

Affected Browsers

I only use NWJS, my game is a desktop game, so there's no other option

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 64 bit

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 Beta release r241

Error screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/sGnGa3r.png

And before anyone asks, my NWJS is updated, my Construct 2 is updated and my graphics card driver is updated.

Ps: sorry if i said something wrong, it's not my main language.

• I have the exact same issue, did you fix it?

• No, i had to remove every physics object from my game, since Ashley didn't even tried to look at the capx. :/

• Did you scale a sprite with Physics attached in some way ? Using sine perhaps ?

• Did you scale a sprite with Physics attached in some way ? Using sine perhaps ?

Yep!

• That is a known issue. Updating the collission polygones means for the Physics engine a totaly new object every tick. Hence it runs out of memory. I saw in C3 that the error is knda solved, but that Physics dont work on a object with a scale sine attached.

You can use this exellent engine.

R0J0hound posted somewhere a workarround, i think it was something like dissable physics, then scale, then enable physcis. But i cant find it no more.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That is a known issue. Updating the collission polygones means for the Physics engine a totaly new object every tick. Hence it runs out of memory. I saw in C3 that the error is knda solved, but that Physics dont work on a object with a scale sine attached.

You can use this exellent engine.

R0J0hound posted somewhere a workarround, i think it was something like dissable physics, then scale, then enable physcis. But i cant find it no more.

I found R0J0hound's workaround in this post (). Is this error fixed in Chipmunk Physics behavior?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)