Javascript Error with preview_prelude.js

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

When launching the game a JS error appears as follows.

------

Javascript error!

SecurityError: The operation is insecure., line 189 (col undefined)

This may be a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer following the bug report guidelines. Subsequent errors will be logged to the console.

------

Using Firefox I am able to click OK and continue with the game, but in Chrome the game never loads.

Attach a Capx

I am not able to upload a .capx or provide a link due to my lack of reputation points. I would gladly provide the capx if you can provide an avenue to do so.

Description of Capx

The capx is a game of "Bomberman". When you go to play the file the error appears.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the Game
    • Error appears in all browsers

Observed Result

The error messaged appears before you are able to play the game

Expected Result

No error message to appear. This also has been tested with different games on the same machine and the error doesn't appear.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome:YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows

Construct 2 Version ID

• smthomas

Is this error when you are previewing within C2 or is it after exporting?

If after exporting, how are you testing, i.e. are you hosting it on an external server or your own server?

Remember, due to browser security restrictions, HTML5 games are not designed to run locally.

• The error is occurring when previewing within C2. The error still occurs even if I remove all of the events in the game.

I thought it might be an overlapping Sprite issue (from another forum post), but I can't find anything that looks incorrect.

Thanks for the help.

• Just to clarify - the error doesn't appear when previewing, for instance, one of the built-in examples, but only when previewing your own bomberman .capx?

Are you using any non-standard plugins?

If not, then the .capx will be necessary probably.

Unfortunately, the forum attachments are currently disabled due to them being foobar'd :/

Do you have a Dropbox account you could use? Or googledrive, etc....?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Correct. We are able to play other games, even built-in examples. The game isn't using any non-standard plugins (at least to my knowledge). I am not able to add the Dropbox shared URL however since my reputation points aren't high enough. Do you have an email I can send the link to?

• Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines (attach a .capx) or there is nothing we can do. If the spam blocker removes your link, delete the http:// and parts or add spaces in between them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)