JeZ+Lee's "Rocks In Space™" Released On Arcade!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 am

JeZLee, this is a great start! The overall package seems solid. The background FX are a very nice touch.

If this were intended to be more than a test project, I think it would benefit from a joystick control scheme, as pressing spacebar to shoot is noisy and awkward.

I have also just recently acquired a personal license for C2, and I have a microproject in mind to help me learn the ropes.
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:32 pm

[QUOTE=Asmodeus] JeZLee, this is a great start! The overall package seems solid. The background FX are a very nice touch.

If this were intended to be more than a test project, I think it would benefit from a joystick control scheme, as pressing spacebar to shoot is noisy and awkward.

I have also just recently acquired a personal license for C2, and I have a microproject in mind to help me learn the ropes.[/QUOTE]Hi,

Thanks for the kind words...

I've released the final alpha now.
Next release will be beta 1.

JeZ+Lee
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Great start @JeZLee, brings back memories... only two things I would change but it is just my personal preference not a negative on your game!

1. The players ship moves faster than their bullets. (I would think the bullets should be faster than the ship).
2. The explosions, you may want to swap out the graphics on them and use a nice fade effect, maybe a couple frames of animation to get a better overall look for them?

Great job!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 am

JeZ+Lee's "Rocks In Space™" Released On Arcade!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations