Joystick, equivalences table and developpment kit

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Cool! :D Thanks!

And by the way, if ever somebody is making the joystick plugin at the moment and read this, when it will be released make a headline to say it! :D
(Sorry for my english, I even don't know if this sentence is understandable...)

Kan
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:13 pm

joy2key doesn't really work for analog input either.

Construct really really needs a PC controller plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:25 am

[quote="Madster":zi4eftpt]Construct really really needs a PC controller plugin.[/quote:zi4eftpt]

Agreed. And it would be nice if it were somehow integrated into the current XBOX plugin so that Construct users don't have to set up control events for two different plugins.

Actually, I guess that would be hard to do, eh? Stupid Microsoft and their stupid analogue triggers :P
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:49 am

[quote="deadeye":vlkc8wrn][quote="Madster":vlkc8wrn]Construct really really needs a PC controller plugin.[/quote:vlkc8wrn]

Agreed. And it would be nice if it were somehow integrated into the current XBOX plugin so that Construct users don't have to set up control events for two different plugins.

Actually, I guess that would be hard to do, eh? Stupid Microsoft and their stupid analogue triggers :P[/quote:vlkc8wrn]

I know a bit about the insides of the 360 plugin, from when I was developing the custom controls plugin.

I think it would be pretty simple to integrate the two.
mousekeyboard, and 360 already share the On Control events

but, I think any directinput implementation would be incomplete without user customizable controls. Unlike xinput, dx doesn't have any well established standards for how a controller be arranged. A face button on one dx pad, might be a shoulder button on another.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:49 am

[quote="lucid":2vlrelbi]but, I think any directinput implementation would be incomplete without user customizable controls. Unlike xinput, dx doesn't have any well established standards for how a controller be arranged. A face button on one dx pad, might be a shoulder button on another.[/quote:2vlrelbi]

True, the buttons on my gamepad are marked like so:

But there are many games I've played where they assume the buttons are

etc., or they call button 1 button 0 or something, and the entire thing is offset by 1, or the shoulder buttons are switched.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 am

Well, call the buttons with cap letters (button A, button B, ...) instead of numbers, and the user will just have to try his buttons to see what they do. In MultiMedia Fusion, that's what I did because I didn't know what button of my joystick corresponded to what control in the plugin.

By the way, here is my TGF/MMF - Construct equivalences table : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5472

Kan
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:14 am

yeah finding out what button/lever/dial corresponds to what index is a whole new topic.

I had proposed a simple scheme for using zip named after the joystick (Direct Input joysticks have names, usually describing the brand and model) files containing a .ini with axis/button ids, their textual description ("left shoulder button") and an optional image filename. The image files would be contained in the zip file, and they could be used in the game's interfase.

This means that for a new controller, any user could easily make a profile for it and have it supported in Construct games (actually I had designed this for my own unfinished engine). A default profile could be included, and maybe keyboard and mouse defaults could also be supported.

Of course, without DirectInput controller support, it's all moot.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion