Jraw

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • So i have been experimenting with construct for a while now. but now i have decided to make a proper game and put a lot more effort into it. the games is called Jraw. in the game you have an exit. you have to draw platforms and paths to walk and jump along to get to the exit while performing other tasks and avoiding objects. example in 1 of the levels you have to get the ball into a circle which deactivates a laser so you can get to the exit door. the levels get harder but so far theres only 7. theres also a sandbox mode to draw whatever you want.

the game is in development stage but you can play it and give me feed back. i update it regularly so you shouldnt get too bored with it i hope.

heres the site for it. http://www.humanoidgames.webs.com/downloads.htm

The only problem is i dont know how save files work so can someone help me out with that? basically what i need to save is which layout(level) the player saved at so that they can load the game and play from that layout (level)

while your there check out the other games my friend has made with Game Maker 8. we have started a little dev team called Humanoid Games. All the games are made with GM or Construct because neither me or him are smart enough to learn how to code. unlike many other people on this forum.

i hope you try the game and let me know what you think and give me suggestions

• bump

• i hope you try the game and let me know what you think and give me suggestions

It's a good concept, original and souns are good. Here I found some bugs-

When I first run the game, I couldn't controls for a while. It'd be nice to have it in a readme or ingame help, in your post or website. After death, screen goes black and I have to restart the game to play again. When I'm inside those destroyable blocks and rotating the player with the mouse, it kicks me back couple pixels, probably when trying to squeeze the player inside too narrow place. Right after the start, there is that green bouncing floor. After few bounces, when the player looses his armour, it "eats" parts of the player's texture.

• i know there are many bugs but its so hard to find out how to fix them. oh and the texture being "eaten" is normal it just means hes on his vitals and not his armour.

• also try the "kind of drawing" tool. right click and you can draw like a temporary shape or platform but its very temporary so you have to be quick. use it to get across the green bouncing floor. to get across the green floor i suggest holding the mouse right under neath and just in front of the player and keep holding the right click. this control i think might take a bit of getting used to but i think its pretty cool. when i made this post it was meant for the other game on the page that says Jraw. try that game out, its less buggy and more... relaxing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i know there are many bugs but its so hard to find out how to fix them. oh and the texture being "eaten" is normal it just means hes on his vitals and not his armour.

Hah, that's good, it just looked like a texture error.

From playing it, I can say, I liked more just jumping and drawing platforms than shooting. I think you could get rid of it or make it more interesting, I don't know how, but as it is now, when I move the player - 20 enemies jump on me at once, shoot them, move bit further - and more enemies just rush on me.

• good point. theyre a bit like banelings arent they. well i dunno ive been making multiple .cap files with different concepts etc and im just trying to see which one ill go with. thanks for your feedback though its needed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)