Jump Soundeffect

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:45 am

So my player can doublejump. I made a "play sound event", always when the player press the "up arrow".
Thats works fine, but now the jump soundeffect comes always when I press the "up arrow" button.
If i spam the button when hes in the air, you alsways can hear the soundeffect. But I just wonna hear it, if the character really makes a jump ^^
How can I check that, its not that easy with a double jump. Thanks ! :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:54 pm

@Nefaru

Many complicated ways but 1 very simple way:

Player "On Jump" then
AudioPlay(Sound)

There you have it. It will only sound when you jump 1st and 2nd(while in the air also known as DoubleJump)
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Nefaru wrote:I made a "play sound event", always when the player press the "up arrow".

This is a bad idea to do. You should not use touch controllers as much as possible as a base of things not relating to the player's actions.
Because in some cases especially in mobile games or high cpu or graphic use games in pc, controllers tends to get glitchy or buggy sometimes. Just to be safe.
This is based on my experience and experimentations XD.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:33 pm

@chadorireborn Thanks, I will try it as soon as possible :)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?