Jump sustaining.

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:29 pm

I never realized what important this was =S
I have a lot of my engine finished but I didn't know that jumping when (Shift) is sustained would be very important.
Can someone help me? I want to jump the same height when sustaining the button, but if not sustaining, jump a little... Well this is my numbers:

I really need help because I've tried everything and I can't do this :S
Thank you!!

Carlos.
?When everyone feels hope at the same time, wonderful things can happen.
B
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Not sure you'll get their with the platform attributes, though I could be wrong...

Try it this way:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/646697/JumpControl.cap

it's a little stiff but you know...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Jump sustain timing needs to be added for sustain jump(or else you can only jump 0 millisecs(weakest jump)).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:38 pm

[quote="ansmesnobody":r2vkvuhj]Not sure you'll get their with the platform attributes, though I could be wrong...[/quote:r2vkvuhj]

Yes, you are wrong:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/529356/sustain.cap

Just set the Jump Sustain Time and Jump Sustain Gravity options. I don't see the confusion, they are clearly labeled :).

Anyway, in this .cap if you hold the button it will jump twice as high as if you tap the button. And this .cap uses no events. You just have to play around with the settings to get something that feels right to you.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:18 pm

[quote="deadeye":348nkirg][quote="ansmesnobody":348nkirg]Not sure you'll get their with the platform attributes, though I could be wrong...[/quote:348nkirg]

Yes, you are wrong:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/529356/sustain.cap

Just set the Jump Sustain Time and Jump Sustain Gravity options. I don't see the confusion, they are clearly labeled :).

Anyway, in this .cap if you hold the button it will jump twice as high as if you tap the button. And this .cap uses no events. You just have to play around with the settings to get something that feels right to you.[/quote:348nkirg]

I try to open it with Construct (I have the last version of the homepage, but I know there is another one in the forum...), and it says Out of memory, is there any chance to open it? or at least put the values here :P

Thanks.
B
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah, it uses 99.72. You might as well switch, it's pretty stable. And you won't have to worry about not being able to open someone else's .cap any more.

Anyway, it's pretty much the same settings as ansme's .cap, I just changed a couple and deleted his events:

You're going to have to play with the settings on your own to find out what's right for you.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:40 pm

[quote="Carlos182":3vtkka30][quote="Carlos182":3vtkka30][quote="Carlos182":3vtkka30]Thank you... now there is a problem, with my player characteristics, I walk now very very fast =S that is after I installed the new version ... with last version my player walked normally :?

What's wrong?? :shock:[/quote:3vtkka30]

Edit: Before I make another post, maybe you can help me with this one: When I keep jump button pressed, the player jumps, but if I turn left, the player jumps again =S, try it, if you press switch and keep it after the player has already jump, turn it the other side, it will jump again :(

Edit2: Well it seems like new version destroyed all my things, now my dash system doesn't work normal too... it moves too too fast =/[/quote:3vtkka30]

FinalEdit: I switched again to the last version. I don't like the new behavior, everything was messed up. I give up, I can not find values for the jump thing, it's almost impossible. The problem said in "Edit1" is still.[/quote:3vtkka30]

FinalEdit2 (): The problem in 'Edit' was my joystick fault. Sorry.
B
G

Post » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:52 am

Oh, so it does work... :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:51 am

[quote="ansmesnobody":3mf5gqs7]Oh, so it does work... :wink:[/quote:3mf5gqs7]

The jump sustaining work, yes, is just that I can't find good values. Thank you anyway :)
B
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic