JUMP THRU ISSUE

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:52 pm

Hello there,

I'm having an issue with an object with the Jump Thru behavior. This is the sprite with the object: http://imgur.com/a/nM7Ri

I want the player to walk normally on the roof when it jumps on it, but it only stays on it for a bit and falls... There are no action disabling it...

Is it not possible to use the Jump Thru behavior when the object is inclined? When I use it with a straight angle, the problem doenst happen, but it wont work for this roof...

I dont want to use just a solid behavior because if the player in below it and it jumps, it will collide and spoil the game rhythm...
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:51 am

The only thing I can suggest is to check your collision mesh..it should work..

I have inclined jump thru's and they work fine

Also are you using the standard platformer behaviour?
When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:00 am

By collision mesh you mean collision point? I have tried using the collision points as ajump thru and also use dedicated objects, and its not working at all... http://imgur.com/a/KPA0g

I am using the standard platformer behaviour
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Hmmm your collision mesh/points appear to be okay....not sure what the problem is...can you post a capx or try setting up an experiment in a new capx to see if the problem replicates elsewhere? Curious problem...
When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?