Jump Thru on tilemap Bug?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

If a jumpthru behavior is put on a sprite, the character can jump to multiple platforms on top of one another and land on one of it.

If the same behavior is put on a tilemap and the character do the same, the character fall trough all platforms.

Attach a Capx

(see the attached Capx)

Description of Capx

There's one sprite with platform behavior, 3 yellow platforms(sprite) and 3 black platforms(tilemap) with jump-thru behavior

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Jump trough the yellow platforms, the character land on the second platform.
    • Jump trough the black platforms, the character fall trough all of them and land on the "floor"

Observed Result

The behavior is not the same

Expected Result

The behavior to be the same? :p

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 professional SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

r190

• I set everything up on a snapped grid, and noticed if there is minor gap between sprite platforms, and tilemap. (approx 2px) Which causes transfer from sprite platform to tilemap platform to fall through.

If you extend the platform over the tilemap to get rid of minor gap - everything seems to work as it should.

• I don't understand what you mean?

• I included screen shots of what I was talking about. Still seems buggy.

After further testing.. It seems it works IF you move player from tilemap platform to sprite platform. If you go from sprite platform to tilemap platform, the player falls through. I also observed that the tilemap jump through's only work if you jump from tilemap first on the far right end of the layout. I don't suspect this is how it's supposed to work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as won't fix: this is a very difficult problem, since the way Platform handles jump-thrus depends on the duration it's overlapping the same object. The yellow platforms are separate objects so it works correctly, but the tilemap is all one big object, so when it falls through it is always overlapping the object and therefore it treats it like falling through the same object.

Thick jump-through objects don't tend to work well for this reason. As a workaround, use thin jump-thrus along just the top part of the platforms/tiles. Alternatively make the player shorter.

• Okay thanks for the answer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)